Thursday, August 13

DIAPERS!

The first of our cloth diapers arrived today: YAY! I will tell you that I'm actually rather scared of these things....I've never seen them in real life, so I didn't know what to expect. Of course, the first thing I did was go on one of the boards that I follow and ask "WHAT DO I DO FIRST?!"

The diapers came today all cutely packaged with their inserts. Once I opened the first one I thought...oh my goodness, what are we getting into. I honestly was looking at them trying to figure out how to ASSEMBLE the stupid diaper. I googled "How to Assemble BumGenius 3.0 Diapers" and found this video.



Ok, well that's a lot easier than I thought it was going to be! I went and played with our's...it took me a little longer than the lady in the video, but I managed to get it together the way it's supposed to be. Now to wash and assemble them for use, and put them in the room (wow!).

7 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

you'll get the hang of it right on time!

Carrie said...

Yay! I love mine :)

Tips: Rinse well. Throw in an extra rinse for good measure. I wasn't getting ours rinsed enough (due to the high efficiency front loader that uses less water) and after two uses they stunk. (If you have a front loader, soak the inserts in water before putting them in to get them nice and saturated.)

Rotten said...

Did you ever think you'd have to watch a video to put on diapers?? Crazy huh! :)

The Wife said...

Those looks so cute! I keep waivering between cloth and plastic...But that video makes it so look so easy!

Jendeis said...

They look so cute!

Anna said...

Those look really great! I'm looking forward to you letting us know how well they work.


Best wishes,
Anna

Rachel said...

You will love them!

Ps my blog is: cding101.blogspot.com

Hopefully helpful!

LinkWithin