Friday, August 14

30 Weeks 1 Day

Holy Crap! How did I get here?! THIRTY WEEKS!

Some people say that their pregnancies seem to go so slowly and that of others' so quickly: I don't know if it's that we've been busy pretty much the entire time or what, but I feel like this pregnancy is FLYING by! I'm actually kind of saddened by the thought that there may only be 10 more weeks of me being pregnant, feeling our little girl kicking and squirming about in there.


With the arrival of the cloth diapers and my shower being 2 weeks away....it's starting to hit me that we really haven't bought ANYTHING yet for this kid. I was looking online and found this list of "necessities" for baby's first few weeks. I figure after the shower I'll really buckle down and order whatever else we need....I'm sure that will be a huge credit card bill.

I haven't done too much more in the nursery. I'm still plugging along at the valance and haven't made a decision on how I'm going to do it...that and the yardages of the fabric I want aren't available yet, and the person from fatquartershop.com hasn't emailed, she just had twins, but I don't see it listed on the site yet either. I did find one other place that is carrying some of the fabric in yardage, but it's not the print I want.

I want to work on the letters for her name on the wall, but I don't want to go to the store (an hour away) in hopes of finding what I want, but the alternative is actually doing it myself (I have the wood and the scroll saw, but not the desire). We'll see, with Matt gone this week I may get bored and do it.

Matt's too funny: He sits on the couch with the dogs and talks to them, coaching them on being protective of their little sister: "Are you going to protect the little girl? You going to keep her safe?" It's rather cute.

Here's this week's belly shot: You'll have to forgive the grungy clothes (I'm working around here!) and the crappy picture....Matt has the only camera with him.

8 comments:

Rotten said...

I distinctly remember the last 10 weeks crawling by and me wondering if I was EVER going to give birth. Strangely enough, despite the crawl, she was in my arms before I knew it. I don't think you ever feel fully prepared for the first baby. I know I didn't. Blankets, diapers, wipes and clothes were the bare necessities. Everything else just seems to end up in my house from other people. I am very excited for you. :)

sadie607 said...

yay for 30 weeks! That's so crazy. I swear not that long ago I was celebrating making it to 30 weeks. As far as the fears of how your baby is going to look, Marcus and I had the exact same fear. We were both so scared that the would come out looking like who knows, and everybody would question where they came from. We were very relieved and oddly enough we have received way more comments about the babies looking like Marcus. It's strange.

Miss said...

I LOVE hitting 30 weeks...whether it goes fast or slow, its prob. a bit of both...but I feel so much like "now I can have my baby" =)

you look great!

~Hollie said...

Im totally with you! Pregnancy has gone by so fast, it is sad that this lil man is going to be here before I know it. Im going to be sad not to feel the little bumps and the BIG BUMPS in the night, etc.
We are the same way about the baby stuff. We have... a crib. And the stuff that people have given us. All three of our showers are this week, so after that, we will plan on whatever else we think we might need. Trying NOT TO STRESS over it!
So exciting we are so close together. Your daughter will be beautiful. Go get a 4d done, see that she is beautiful already and put your mind at ease!

annacyclopedia said...

I can also totally relate to how time seems to have flown by. It seemed to go so slow at the beginning, and now I can't quite believe how fast it's going.

I have exactly the same feelings and worries about how our child will look, especially since we picked our donor more on gut instinct and less specifically on how closely he matched Manny's looks, and also he only had a childhood photo, not an adult one. I'm still happy with that decision and our choice, but as it gets closer I find myself worrying about it a bit more. Sadie is right, no doubt - people will see whatever and whoever they want, for good or ill. But it's still hard not knowing...

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Most women love to be pregnant. Me on the other hand the last 6-8 weeks I was like just come out all ready. To be honest in the first few weeks all I used was formula (which don't buy ahead because the doctor could end up switching it three times like they did for my son), diapers, and clothes. Heck when my daughter was born early I didn't even have a crib yet. LOL. So relax things will fall into place and get it done when you feel like it. Enjoy your alone time.

Mary

Delenn said...

OMG. I hadn't realized it was 30 weeks! Wow...it seems to have gone so quickly. But I agree with Rotten..the last few weeks CRAWL by.

Don't sweat the baby stuff. A lot of the necessities are not as urgent as they say they are.

You just need diapers and wipes; a place for baby to sleep; a few clothes; and food (for baby and YOU).

Your photo looks awesome!

babyattheend said...

Congratulations on passing 30 weeks!

LinkWithin