Monday, August 17

"Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes; work never begun." ~ Christina Rossetti

I've haphazardly joined up with Kim, and a bunch of other ladies, at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure to finish several projects before the end of August: I'm trying my best, that's all I can say. Most of you know that August is I N S A N E for us...what with the fairs and now the store...I guess the old saying "Make hay while the sun shines" is just as true now as then.

I have no pictures of what I've completed, as Matt has the crappy camera and my nikon is still in the shop (WOULD YOU PEOPLE HURRY UP WITH IT PLEASE!).

Saturday I was in the store all day and then we went to a party for friends of our's that got married a few months ago. Sunday I did get some things done...Matt was down at the fair grounds working from 10am-10pm last night (that will be his shortest day this week). We went and had breakfast together at my in-laws' stand and then he went to work.

I got home and my sister was there, so I asked her if she wanted to make the first batch of the bath bombs with me. I thought for sure they would take AGES...we had 24 done in about 20 minutes! We didn't ice them, but she's coming back over next Sunday for us to make another batch and to ice all of them at once (we're making them as favors for my shower - my mom is only letting me get away with that kind of involvement because my sister is helping:-P)

After she left I worked on a roadside sign for the front yard...with it being fair week several HUNDRED cars drive past my house every day (a lot more than normal). We thought it would be a good place to put a temporary sign for the store...so there it is...nothing fancy, but it gets the word out there.

The rest of the afternoon I did some things around the house and went swimming at the pool with my mom. I spent a couple of solid hours working on the Christmas stocking and actually got quite a bit of it done...I'm thinking if I remain diligent I might get it done this week.

I haven't made it any further with the valance. I know what I want to do, but I don't have the fabric to do it, and I can't find the fabric I want. I have a fat quarter of the perfect fabric, but of course it's not the piece with the designer's name and description. I've ordered something else from another online place, but it'll probably be a week before I get it. I just want the valance up before next weekend.

I finished the quilt shelf I was making, but now Matt and I decided that it's really rather too big for where I want to put it...on to plan B for that. Of course, I don't have another idea.

No comments:

LinkWithin