Sunday, August 2

28 weeks 1 day

I passed the GT-Test: WOOHOO, but I have low iron (borderline)....so the nurse told me that I could start taking an OTC iron vitamin. I know I haven't been eating a lot of meat and I haven't been taking my pnv as religiously as I should. I figure between those two things I should be ok without taking the vitamin. I have never in my life had low iron (that was always my brother).

I think this kid is definitely growing: By the end of the day it feels like she's pushing on my lungs. I get home and the bra comes off, it's easier to breath that way. I also try (gently) pushing on my upper belly and ribs to move her down a bit. I guess the fun is going to be starting with her interfering with my breathing and such.

Haven't felt any more specific body parts, but she seems to be almost constantly in motion. Yesterday I went to the pool just so I could float and hopefully calm her down a bit. I think it helped.

Everyone keeps telling me how tiny and cute I am. I definitely think that my belly is bigger by the end of the day, but I still don't think it's that big (I can still shave my legs in the shower and see my feet). During the morning I don't have much of a belly, but by night time I definitely look more pregnant. Or maybe I'm just in denial about what I look like.

Here's this weeks belly shot with my new skirt that I made (yea, I hate this camera...my eyes are so dark compared to the rest of me).


And just for fun, a silly picture of Matt and I from last weekend (let me just say this...his belly isn't that big...he was pushing it out)

12 comments:

VA Blondie said...

Love the pics! They are cute! And you are cute!

Glad things are going well.

Anonymous said...

My doc told me whenever it feels like the baby is pushing up on your ribs to get on all fours and gently rock back and forth. It helps the baby wiggle down lower and get out from behind the ribs. It really helps relieve the pressure.

Melissa G said...

Sweet Picture of you and Matt. And yay for passing your GT!

Sounds like everything is going well.

JJ said...

What a cute picture of the 2 (actually 3!) of you! Happy 28 weeks, and so glad you passed the GT!

The Wife said...

Wow! You all had a productive weekend! The pictures are great. Great news on the GT!

Katie said...

Aww what cute pictures! I like the one with you and Matt. And I love love love that skirt!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

You look great! I love the skirt!

BB said...

Wow... 28 weeks! You are at the second big milestone in your journey... hope the baby stays snuggled in for another 10+ weeks! You have an award waiting at my blog! {HUGS}

chicklet said...

My belly totally gets bigger in the evening too. Sometimes I see pictures from the AM and can't figure out how it's possibly the same belly I live with at night.

Cute pic:-). Adn damn I'm jealous re your GD test. I haven't done mine yet but will see...

Chelle said...

How cute those pics are! Sometimes Jeff will push his belly out and looks almost as pregnant as me!

Yay for passing the GT!!

Debbie said...

You look very cute!!

Melissa G said...

Hey there!

I'm giving you the One Lovely Blog Award! Stop by my blog to claim your trophy!

Congratulations!

LinkWithin