Tuesday, July 21

It's my BURFDAY!

Today I will be 27 (at 3:15pm)...boy those numbers are sounding old.

This is what I got from our girls (Baby and the dogs):

Can I just say how much I LOVE crayons! I love coloring...now I have to find a totally awesome coloring book...AND I guess we've decided on a name, but haven't really discussed it yet...seeing as Matt signed the card "Avelyn Claire" (which we're going to spell Clare).

Let's see what the rest of the day brings :-)

Oh, and HAPPY ICLW!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Updated 10:39pm (est)

I hate to complain about a day with so many good parts; if only the whole day were good. I got up early this morning and went into work early, so that I could leave early and go to the chiropractor.

I love my chiropractor: He's great...but I'm not ever going back there again. Every time you schedule an appt he's always running behind...we're not talking 5-10 minutes, but 45 minutes to an hour. Today I got there 10 minutes early, because sometimes if you're not there "on time" the receptionist will give the next available patient your appt. I asked the receptionist how far behind he was, "Only one patient ahead of you". Ok I can deal with that: I sit down and wait.

One person goes out, then next goes in...it's about 30 minutes now past my appt. That one comes out and another one goes in. It's not 4:50 (my appt was for 4:00), and he just takes the person ahead of me in. Usually I just sit there and fume and wait my turn: Today I was pissed. An hour is the longest I have ever had to wait, plus I had dinner plans with friends at 5:30. I go up to the receptionist, "I have a question: And I don't mean to be rude, but why did I make a 4:00pm appt if he's not going to get my in until 5?"

No real answer and I get told that I would have to ask the doctor. I pretty much told her, this is a constant thing with appts there, that she told me there was 1 ahead of me...when there were really 3, and that I am leaving and will not be coming back. Should I have just waited the additional 10 minutes that it would've been for my appt: Yea, probably and then complain to the doctor...and yea, it was probably pregnancy hormones, but I was really upset.

I walked out of the office and call Matt...I could feel myself losing it while on the phone with him. I hung up and immediately burst into tears. It sucks, because I really do like the guy (other than his comment last time I was there - he congratulated me on my pregnancy...it was Feb2008...I wasn't pregnant and he seemed to think that my dad had said something...he really felt bad, but it sucked and hurt to hear and explain that one) and have been going to him since I was 12, but it seriously pissed me off.

I had errands to run for work (picking up gift cards): I stop at Low.es...their machine isn't reading the company check...so I stood there waiting for 20 minutes. At this point I'm a wreck, I'm supposed to be meeting friends in 10 minutes and I'm still enraged by the chiro incident. I finally get out of Lowes....high-tail it back to the OTHER side of town and get to the restaurant right on the nose....my friends were a bit late.

We had fun...we went to this place...the food is good, but it's definitely a bit more "earthy" than I like....I'm a burger and fries kind of girl. We had a good time at dinner though...I had lime cheesecake for dessert. We spent almost 3 hours sitting there talking and what not. (left to right: Lea, Megan and me) We all grew up together and Megan and I are both pregnant (I think she's having a boy). This is probably the first time we've gotten together, for fun, since the end of high school.

Fast forward: I left the restaurant at 8:15 and had to go to Hom.e D.epot to get a gallon of paint for my sister; then to Apple.bees to pick up more gift cards for work, then Walm.art to get the rest of the gift cards (which were supposed to be done ahead of time, but weren't) and do grocery shopping. I ended up getting home at 10:15 and still had to unload the groceries....and I haven't seen Matt since I left at 7am this morning.

There were some definitely highlights to today: There were the crayons this morning....which I LOVED...and Matt said that he knew I'd been wanting some, but also figured that was a great gift from a little girl to her mommy (I think this is awesome...and will mention to him those kind of gifts from the kids are perfect by me:-) the things that remind me how to be a kid).

One coworker brought in bagels for breakfast and another one brought me in a slice of cheesecake. My parents had sent me flowers at work (I had specifically told Matt not too, because if he was going to do that I'd rather get a plant), and Jen over at Sell Crazy Someplace Else also sent me a beautiful bouquet....so now I have lots of beautiful flowers around my house....I seriously love fresh flowers.

I didn't get much in the way of gifts: I haven't seen my family, Matt's family dropped off gifts (which were a couple of gift cards), and Matt didn't get me anything yet (but I have absolutely no problem with that because he's been out of his mind busy....he did get me a card and said we'd pick out my presents together - heck I'd be happy with spending the day together).

My brother and I had agreed, no gifts, just cards: I mailed him a card and called him on his birthday; I got an email an hour ago....saying happy birthday. Matt's brother and PP never called or sent a card. These things don't usually bother me, but the day has been so ARGH! that it hurts a bit to be forgotten...even though there were other wonderful parts to today.

That said I want to thank you all for your birthday wishes and thoughts :-) Hopefully next year's birthday will be the best yet :-D

15 comments:

Queenie. . . said...

Happy birthday! That's so awesome that he did that! And you are sooo young--in a couple of weeks, I'll be turning 37! Doesn't that make you feel young?

VA Blondie said...

Happy Birthday! I think your hubby is just wonderful for doing that for you! I hope you have the best birthday ever!

I would have to agree with Queenie. You are young! I am 35. Now that is two votes for you being young!

Enjoy your day!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Happy, happy Birthday! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Jendeis said...

Happy Birthday!! Have a wonderful day!

You are not old at all. You're not even in your dirty thirties yet! :)

Leslee said...

Happy Birthday! I'm 27, too, although my birthday is next month. How cute Matt signed her name, I guess it's decided then ;)

sadie607 said...

Happy birthday!! The card is adorable.

Katie said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!

annacyclopedia said...

Happy Birthday, Jess! Hope this year brings you happiness and peace beyond your wildest dreams.

And uh, yeah. You're still young. Of those who have voted on this question, that seems to be the consensus!

Chelle said...

Happy Birthday! Seeing that your hubby gave you a card from the baby just made me well up! How thoughtful!

Enjoy coloring-wich is a lost art IMO!

Barefoot said...

Happy birthday!! What a cute card.

theworms said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love coloring too, it's very relaxing.

Enjoy your day and I love the name :)

K said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday!!!

JJ said...

*doh* I wish I had known--I dont think I got your birthday on the braces bunch calendar--its on there now! Happy Birthday!

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Trish.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

hi, I am visiting from ICLW...No. 50 to say hello and to check out your blog.
Happy belated birthday what a lot of nice surprises you had anyway.

My Little Drummer Boys

Brandy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your story gives me hope. We're debating whether we want to do IVF with ICSI or go with donor sperm. Lots to think about!

ICLW www.brandysheaif.blogspot.com

LinkWithin