Tuesday, June 30

There's something about working in the kitchen in an apron; it makes whatever you're doing feel like a special occasion. I've loved vintage aprons and have been asking for one for the past few years.


I had bought a pattern for me to make a maternity skirt (it's just a regular pattern that I'm going to add elastic too) and it has a very full skirt. I thought to myself, "Hmm, why couldn't I use that for the bottom of my skirt, and make the top by cutting a pattern out of newspaper?" So that's what I did.

It's not quite finished, but my sister was willing to model what I've accomplished so far. I may cut the neck down a bit further, and I have to put darts in at the bust (that's what she's holding on the side), the entire apron will be edged with a dark turqoise fabric that matches, and then it will have ribbons on the waist that wrap from the front to the back to tie it on. Hopefully it comes out all right.

6 comments:

Queenie. . . said...

You are so clever!

VA Blondie said...

It looks great! Cannot wait to see the finished product.

Melissa G said...

I am with you on the apron and special occasions. That's when I usually break mine out.

You are one talented lady. I wish I was as creative as you are. I took up knitting a few years ago, but my enthusiasm only lasted about 4 months... Oh well. I'm just going to live vicariously through your pictures, if you don't mind.

Jendeis said...

It looks so beautiful! The perfect color for you. :)

Photogrl said...

Love the color!

It's really cute.

The Wife said...

Ugh! I hate aprons that hang on your neck too. I like the blue, can't wait to see the finished product.

LinkWithin