Wednesday, July 1

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails or Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice?

I got home this evening and noticed this...I have a climbing rose bush out front, but it never blooms, or when it does, they look like crap, but THIS is what I found tonight. I also felt it was rather appropriate...We're not 100% sure, but it is a very strong possibility it's a GIRL! Dr G was great, and spent a good 5 minutes with me going over everything and looking for this kid's crotch. Her guess is that it is a girl. That being said, she wasn't 100% sure but based on: 1) There were no OBVIOUS boy parts (no penis flailing about) and 2) She was pretty sure that what she was seeing was the labia.

This kids butt is tucked right up underneath my belly button and my scar tissue from my cystectomy was showing up funny on the screen over the genitals, so that was making it a bit hard to tell also. We have our big u/s redo next week, they'll confirm, but she was pretty sure it was a GIRL!

Everything else looked good my BP is 118/60 and I asked her about weight gain, she said from here on out I should try to gain no more than 1 lb a week (a 1/2 would be better) and that I'm doing well right along. My Glucose test is next time (7/27)...yuck.

Here's how I told Matt (since he couldn't go with me to the appt): I ran to Wal-Hell (I completely forgot that it was the 1st of the month - I stood in line for 2 things for 15 minutes) and picked up this onesie and a card, wrapped them in a plain box and handed them to Matt when he got home tonight.

All this being said, I'm not starting the nursery yet, but here's introducing our "daughter"

Avelyn (Clare or Margaret)


The picture on the left is her bottom shot...legs straight out to the right, the white marks the form a "C" are her hip bones and legs, the couple of oblong things are what is thought to be the labia.

15 comments:

Kymberli said...

Already she's a cutie pie, and I love the name!

Photogrl said...

Yay, a girl!

Beautiful pics.

Delenn said...

Congratulations! Love the name!

sadie607 said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and the name is beautiful.

Melissa G said...

Wow! That is so exciting! Congrats Mom! Thanks for posting the pics.

Not that my opinion matters but I've always loved the name margaret too.

niobe said...

Gorgeous picture. Gorgeous name.

And just to make sure I'm pronouncing it right -- is it AY-vuh-lin or AH-vuh-lin (rhymes with javelin?)

Queenie. . . said...

Aw, that's great! I honestly have no idea how they tell gender from the u/s, though--it doesn't look like anything to me! It's like looking at a Rorshach test.

The Wife said...

Oooh! I'm so excited! Awesome name!

Leslee said...

Yay! Congratulations!

VikingLady said...

It does look like a girl!

Miss said...

WOO HOO!!!!

Chelle said...

YAY for a girl!! I got that same onsie (actually, two of them) last night!

Congratulations!

annacyclopedia said...

Congratulations! A girl - so wonderfully happy for you and Matt. Of course, I'd be just as happy if it were a boy, but it's still very exciting!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Congrats!!

Jendeis said...

Congrats sweetie! Gorgeous names!

LinkWithin