Wednesday, May 13

"A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense." Prov 19:11

I made a matching wallet for my tote bag. It took me 2 tries; I couldn't find a pattern that I liked online, so I just kind of winged it (that sounds funny). The first one was too small to fit my credit cards, but the second one came out pretty good. I'm rather happy with it. Now in NC I will have a super cute and summery purse.
The other thing I've been working on is creating a pregnancy scrapbook for the baby, with pictures of u/s, us, my belly growing, baby showers, etc etc...up through when they're born. I've been using scrapblog.com and so far it's looking good. Of course once we know what we're having I'll have any easier idea of the color schemes to use (click on them for bigger pictures).


The other thing I've got going on is I've finally started my SIL's baby blanket. I'm hoping to have this done before we leave next weekend, so that I can get it mailed out to be quilted before we leave. I don't think that should be too hard. The one thing I really like about making baby blankets is how quickly you're finished! Without too much work you have a finished product. Of course, once that's done I need to get cracking on the Alien's Christmas stocking and some of the stuff in the nursery!!!!!!

Speaking of Christmas....can I just say how excited I am about Christmas this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The other day I was re-tracking songs in iTunes and a couple of Christmas songs came on, one of them was Amy Grant's "Love Has Come". Every Christmas this song has killed me, because it starts out with mom telling the kids to wake up on Christmas morning, because dad's waiting for them by the Christmas tree...I would always burst into tears. This year, we just might have a our little one. Even writing this, it doesn't seem that this is actually, possibly going to be REAL!

As for tomorrow's u/s: I probably won't be able to post anything, other than gender, until I get home from work around 5pm. You'll just have to bear with me. I've been feeling a few more fluttery feelings on the left hand side....I'm curious to know if the alien's feet are over there or something. It's still completely insane to me, to think that there's a human in my stomach! I guess that makes the name "alien" that much more suitable.

The doctor gave me some spiel the other day about how most people don't feel anything until 20 weeks, but some do at 16. I'm seriously thinking that infertiles notice it earlier than others. I think we're just insanely in-tune to our bodies and therefore notice things that other people wouldn't even give a second thought.

Wish us luck tomorrow.....

9 comments:

VA Blondie said...

Good luck with the scan! Hope you have a healthy little one in there!

Sorry about your boss. There are some people who cannot help but try to impress their views on others. We have a few of those at work. It is really annoying.

Carrie said...

The good thing about assvice is that it really shows you a side of people that you may never have known.

As a side note, I've had like 9 ultrasounds. :)

I felt my first flutters at 17 weeks. Can't wait to see what you're having!!

Nicole said...

Can't wait to hear about the US and I'm sure you're feeling the feet...how exciting!

Good luck!

Queenie. . . said...

Good luck tomorrow! I hope everything is perfect. Can't wait to hear more.

Delenn said...

I like your scrapbook pages! I did not feel anything with either one until 21 weeks.

Good luck with your scan!

sadie607 said...

Your boss sounds annoying. I think by the time it was all said and done I had around 20 or a few more ultrasounds. The alternative not to do them would have had horrific consequences. People suck sometimes.

I'm so excited that you're having the anatomy scan tomorrow. I'll be anxiously awaiting the results, and I love the scrapbook. I've tried to use that site but I'm computer impaired or something and couldn't not figure it out for the life of me.

JJ said...

Wishing you luck! And I love the scrapbook you have started=)

Leslee said...

Good luck today at the scan! Can't wait to hear the news!

Jendeis said...

Praying that everything goes well at the scan. Many hugs!

LinkWithin