Thursday, May 14

It's a ....

baby. Yup, that's what we found out. I found out why I needed a full bladder, it's because their equipment is archaic, as was the tech: One would think that a 16 week u/s picture(OB) would be better than a 6 week u/s (RE)....nope! Even the picture we got sucked.

We got in there and she asked why we were there bothering her today (she was friendly enough). I said that we were there for our fetal evaluation and that I was 16 weeks 5 days...her response: They all think they know how far along they are. I told her that no, I know how far along I am as we were going to the RE (no response).

I laid there for TEN MINUTES before she ever even said anything. The only reasons why I knew the baby was ok was because I did the doppler this morning and Matt could see the screen and he wasn't freaking out.

I asked if it would be possible to find out the gender...she just laughed at me. She goes "Some people may be able to, but everythings too small for me to see". She had one focus and that was to get her measurements and didn't care about anything else. I seriously got to see the baby for 30 seconds out of the 20 minutes we were in there.

Needless to say I'm glad the baby looks good, but I was really disappointed in the appt overall and the lack of our finding anything out beyond the kid being alive.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Oh I'm sorry. It is really disappointing when the u/s doesn't go the way it should.

~It also adds insult when the tech is stuck up (or that's the way it seemed).

Sorry. I'm glad you got reassurance from your doppler, but it still is sucky.

sadie607 said...

Well crap I'm sorry. I've been anxiously waiting all day so I can imagine your disappointment.

Janna said...

I would so complain to your doctor about her attitude. That's just not right to crap on someone's excitement and joy! I don't care what her excuse is...to me, there's no good excuse for her behavior. I want to go give her a piece of my mind!

I'm sorry she rained on your parade! I am glad though that the baby is still doing well! Hopefully next time you'll get a different tech.

Queenie. . . said...

I'm so sorry you didn't have a better experience. That's really a rotten attitude for someone who deals with PG people to have. She should go work somewhere else if she can't bring herself to care.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I would definitely let the doctor know how rude and unprofessional she was...(makes me wonder if she might have IF). I wouldn't worry too much about not finding out at 16 weeks-I've always heard it can really be too early to tell. There are 2 practices in my town - the one I go to does gender scans at 20 weeks and the other one waits until 24 weeks.

LinkWithin