Thursday, May 14

Updated

Here's today's picture...may I introduce "Skeletor" (you can click on it and it should be bigger).

Skeletor is now approximately 6oz, with a heart rate of 147....that's all the tech told us. Anyways, the baby is lying right about where I thought, based on where I feel movement and where I find the heartbeat. The flutters on the lower left side are most certainly the feet. Matt saw on the u/s how the kid just keeps jabbing me in the bladder.

We are in a bit of a dilemma now...I really want to know the gender! I think I'm going to call and ask to speak with Dr. G tomorrow. I don't quite know what I'm going to say, other than I want to know the gender and the tech wasn't at all interested in sharing any information with us. I pretty much think I'll just call her to ask her what the measurements are, as well as everything else we didn't get told. Then mention that maybe at my next appt (20 weeks) she can do an u/s to check the gender.

OR I found a place in Wilmington, NC (20 minutes from where we're staying) that does the 3d/4d u/s. It's a bit pricey ($195+tax), but there focus is on giving you a view of the baby and finding out the gender. Matt and I haven't talked about it, but if Dr G won't do another u/s at the next appt we may very well go do that. This would probably be our only opportunity to have a 3d done, as the closest one to where we live is 3.5hrs away. Opinions?

This kid is definitely mad at me today! I think drinking all of that water really took up it's space and it just keeps kicking away at me. They seriously haven't stopped for more than 20 minutes since this morning. It's kind of crazy!

5 comments:

GeekByMarriage said...

The ultrasound place sounds great! If the baby is being shy they let you come back for free to recheck. Doctors offices won't do that! For the vid and all those pics it's actually a good deal!

Delenn said...

Sorry your u/s did not go as well...the tech sounds like they were just "phoning it in". I never had a chance to do those 3-D ones...they look kinda creepy--but at least you would get your answers!

JJ said...

Im so sorry you didnt get to find out! I loved having the 3D pictures--they are a treasure! Definitely go if you have a chance-and I wish I lived closer to Wilmington--at least you'll be in my state!

Jendeis said...

The 3d place sounds awesome. If you can swing the price, I'd do it.

Carrie said...

I say do the 3D u/s no matter what. After all that you've been through to get pregnant and how special this is, go for it. We did it and I was a bit concerned about the price but decided that we had earned the right to splurge a little on ourselves and it was amazing. However, I'd wait and do it closer to 28 or 30 weeks, just so the baby will look more like a baby and not Skelator. :)

LinkWithin