Thursday, March 12

My Favorite Martian

As everyone gives their kids some cutsie name in utero, we've dubbed ours "Martian"....since we both think it looks like an alien.

This morning we had our 2nd and all looked good. The heartbeat was at 128 and everything was looking good. They actually gave us a DVD of the whole ultrasound (down below)....I've put a snippet of it below. The cool part is we actually got to hear the heartbeat today, which I wasn't expecting. I'm released and off to the OB next Wednesday. YAY for no more trips to Albany (hopefully any time soon).

I also told my boss today. I could tell that what I told her wasn't what she was expecting to hear...she started to say "Good job", but then caught herself midway through. She was happy for us and glad that I had told her, they still want me to take the position. She was telling me how when she became Plant Manager she had the same situation, she found out she was pregnant with #2 just before taking the position. The funny things she said were "You're allowed to have kids" and "these things happen, they're not usually planned". She did ask me if I planned on coming back to work afterwards and I answered honestly, that right now I plan to. I'm glad I told her.

Matt called his brother to let him know how our appt went...he mentioned that I had told my boss this morning, "That's a mistake"...that was his response. Nice right.

Last night we were at church for a Lenten supper: Matt had a meeting afterwards and I left immediately after we ate. Matt's grandparents were there and his grandfather starts going about how only 1 of their grandchildren is interested in having kids. Then looks at Matt and goes, "Oh, except you guys". Matt was like uhh, thanks.

I think that's about all that's going on in the White House.

8 comments:

sadie607 said...

That's so cool that they gave you a DVD of the ultrasound and you got to hear the heartbeat. I'm so excited for you guys! And boo... to your BIL and his never helpful comments. It sounds like you have a great boss and you made the decision that was best for you given your particular job circumstances.

Katie said...

What a cute little Martian! How exciting about the heartbeat. And you graduated! Yay

Queenie. . . said...

Relatives are so priceless sometimes, aren't they?

Congrat's on the new job, and on the great u/s!!! It sounds like you really had a great day!

Rachel said...

I love the nickname, perfect!!! and I think it's funny she said "they're not usually planned" ... lol if only she knew!!

And lastly congrats on another awesome u/s!!!

Jamers said...

Cool video! Yay for healthy heartbeats!

It must be good timing for this kind of stuff because I got my BFP on Friday! First u/s is Thursday. I can't wait to be where you are and hear a heartbeat. So awesome.

SupersammyG said...

that is so cool. I wish we had a dvd of the ultrasound! Your bil sounds like a jerk...maybe he should hang out with my sister!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

I love the ultrasound DVD!

The Wife said...

That sucks when people are so insensitive. Especially when they're family. Martian looks too cute.

LinkWithin