Sunday, March 15

8 weeks 1 day

The hunger has been replaced with not wanting to eat, even when I am hungry. Yesterday I felt fine...not a smidge of nausea, all the way until about 9:30pm...of course by that time I was nervous about not having any nausea. It took a bit to fall asleep, but I did. I've also noticed my gag reflex has kicked in: Brushing my teeth can now be dangerous, clearing my throat, or anything else in the back of my mouth....eek.

Today started off all right, but by lunch time I was ugh. I wanted to eat, but the very thought of anything that I thought of for lunch made me want to be sick. We ate dinner at my parents and I had to choke it down, a few bites at a time are all right, but to actually sit and eat...not too great. Last night I had a bowl of cereal with a banana in it: That's what I had appetite for.

Don't get me wrong: I'm absolutely ecstatic at feeling nauseous. To me, as long as I'm nauseous, things are going well, and I worry just a bit less. I have to go to the grocery store again to restock our fresh fruit supply. Grapes seem to really be my friend.

Sleep...by 11am I'm ready to go back to bed for a few hours. I make it through the day, but inevitably by 8 or so, I'm giving puppy eyes to Matt for us to go to bed. I had every intention of reading last night, I rested my head on Matt's shoulder for a few seconds...next thing I knew it was 11 and he was turning out the lights (we'd gone up at 9:30).

Crazy dreams I've had too. Yesterday I woke up from a dream about the store that is opening in the space next to us "Penguin Custom Ice Cream". They're kind of like Cold Stone in that they make whatever you want. Well my dream entailed black raspberry ice cream, with hot fudge and fudge cups (which, I don't even know if such a thing exists: They were PB cups, with no PB, but filled with fudge). I woke up telling Matt I wanted ice cream. This could be very bad that an ice cream shop is going in next door.

It's amazing, I'm only 8 weeks, but people (my mother and Matt) have already voiced what they think the baby is: A boy. My mother is convinced that it's a boy: She was also convinced that my sister was a boy, to the point that they never even picked out a girl's name. Scientifically speaking, knowing that one ovulates 36-48 hours after trigger and my IUI was 24 hours after, and knowing that frozen sperm doesn't live as long as fresh...I would have to say that it's more likely that only a female sperm survived a full 12-24 hours until ovulation: That's my guess. Of course whatever we got we'll be ecstatic about, but girls' clothes are just so ADORABLE!

I've been taking belly shots all along, but I figure there's no real difference in them. Once there is I'll post them all in one post. My first OB appt is on Wednesday; hopefully they can tell me then when my next ultrasound is...hopefully it's not months away.

2 comments:

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Don't be so quick to assume - I triggered around 9:30 - 10:00 am on a Friday, the IUI was a little after 10:00 am on Saturday, and I'm the proud mommy of a bouncing baby NOY!

Rachel said...

I love reading about you being pg!!! and can't wait to see real belly pics :)

LinkWithin