Saturday, February 7

Two things down.....198935712783124908 to go

Last night I decided that this would be a weekend of finishing. I sat down to my sewing machine and began quilting my heart wall hanging. I quickly decided that my machine is definitely not conducive to quilting, and that the baby blanket I did is getting sent out (now to find someone).

I did managed to FINISH the wall hanging. The quilting isn't perfect, but I am glad that it's done and proud of how it came out. I put the hanging sleeve a little too far down the back, so it kind of covers the 'welcome' a bit...oh well. I didn't iron before hanging it up, so it's a bit wrinkly.

The other thing that I 'finished' is the backing for the baby blanket. A standard with of fabric was not wide enough so I had to add an 11" strip in the middle of it. It looks all right. I did unroll my 100% cotton batting: Oh my goodness, that is wonderful stuff. It just feels so nice on your skin. The other (poly) stuff feels horrible.

I have a call in to one of the quilt shops that I frequent asking for a recommended machine quilter. One that hopefully will be able to get this quilt done in the next 2-3 weeks so I can get it bound before the baby shower (3/14 or 3/21).

Tonight we're heading to another of our dinner dances...this will be last one until May. Tomorrow I'm hoping we can get the molding up in the nursery, but for now...I believe a nap is necessary.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Your wall hanging is georgous! I'm SO impressed as it seems I haven't even the ability to sew one straight 1/4" row. ;) Beautiful job!

LinkWithin