Sunday, February 1

"Surely as cometh the Winter, I know There are Spring violets under the snow." - R. H. Newell

It has been a beautiful day here! The sun was out, not a cloud in the sky, and the thermometer even read 50* in the sunshine...I'm sure it won't last. It is, after all, only February 1st; we have at least 2 months of cold and damp (whether rain or snow, depends on the cold).

I actually managed to get a lot done today, in spite of my constant desire to just curl up on the couch (I'm not allowing that until at least 7pm). We got up and went to church this morning, when I got home Matt carried the miter saw upstairs for me and I set to work on cutting the moldings for the nursery. Once that was done I laid them all out to paint. First coat is done, I'm waiting for that to dry before sanding it a little and then painting the second coat.

While waiting I worked on a Valentine's wall hanging, the pattern for which I got from Kim's Big Quilting Adventure. She's a very creative lady with a lot of awesome (original) ideas! I managed, between painting and baking cookies, to get the entire top done. Now just to quilt it and hang it on the door (13 days till Valentine's day).

6 comments:

sadie607 said...

I love the wall hanging and I'm always so jealous of how productive you always are. I need some of your... what ever it is that makes you productive haha

melissa said...

wow what a productive day! That is awesome, I cant wait to see the nursery when it is all done, I am sure it will be adorable. Have fun in the Sunshine!

Jendeis said...

Very productive!! Love the new wall hanging. Also love the green paint in the nursery. So peaceful!

The Wife said...

Oooh, I like that wall hanging. Those fabrics are really nice. Your nursery is going to look great!

Gran - Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Wonderful hearts - great job. I am working on mine too that I got from Kim. The pattern is so neat and looks great what ever colours one selects. Exciting!

Julia S. said...

Hi Jess. I am Julia and I took Kim's class--the hearts pattern.
I like your use of the nine patch in the middle. I am making hearts until I get tired f them and then will find a way to put them together. Another classmate, Dona, is doing the same thing. I am using pinks and purples in my hearts. Such fun!

I just saw your blog tonight. I will include you in my prayers. Children are a joy and they are especially fun when they become adults! :)
--Julia S.

LinkWithin