Friday, February 13

Isaiah 40: 29-31

"He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary."

I recently bought this book "Longing for a Child: Devotions of Hope for Your Journey Through Infertility"by Kathe Wunnenberg. (CBD.com has it for $2.99, it's $6.98 with shipping). I bought it at the beginning of this cycle and flipped through it a couple of times. I like how it's set up; they are different devotions and readings for the different emotions of infertility. It also has a section with prayers and verses for specific events (mother's day, father's day, baby showers, holidays etc).

This morning I tested. One of the things I wish infertility could be is black and white...none of this waffling back and forth and not know what is "real". I also took a test last Sunday (8dp-iui). Last Sunday's had a line, faint, but there...most likely it was still the trigger. My body seems to respond differently to it each cycle (last time it was out after 4 days).

As you all know I've felt nothing this cycle. I've had no response to the prometrium, no symptoms, no nothing...I feel completely normal and my jeans still fit, comfortably.

I tested this morning and it was stark white. I went back to bed and got up 10-15 minutes later because I hadn't dumped my pee cup. Of course one has to look at a stark white negative pregnancy test repeatedly and from different angles and in different lighting (I think it's some kind of sick obsession). I'm not even sure if what I see is really there, or if it's me hallucinating. There is, I think, a line ever so faint...that you can only see it from a certain angle under a certain light. Could it be an evap line? Most likely.

Before I had gotten out of bed the second time I was just laying there, wanting to cry, but not able to. I don't know what to do next: Do I start the adoption stuff? How are we going to get an ID consent form notarized in our small town without someone saying something? Why are we even having to deal with this? It's not fair? Are we ever going to be parents? Is a 2009 baby even in the cards for us? Is a 2010? Should we even be bothering to look at the Toyota Siennas? North Carolina's going to suck? Will I ever be a mommy? Should I email BCS and ask that they send us the preliminary application? WHY? WHY? WHY?

After getting up and "seeing" a "line" I went back to bed...and read the devotion (with the above verse) about "facing dreaded news". It talked about asking God to calm us. He can calm the storm, but sometimes we have to go through the storm and we need to, more importantly, calm ourselves and accept his plan and purpose. I have a hard time with that: Accepting things I don't understand, especially when there is so much pain associated with it.

For the past 36 cycles I have been prepared each month to tell Matt. This month is no different, except it's Valentine's day tomorrow. "Seeing" that "line" does something terrible to me: It gives me hope, and I'm afraid. What if that hope is just a figment of my imagination? What if I get my hopes up for this possibility? I know other people test on 13dp and get a resounding positive. Here I sit....wondering.

I know there is no possible reason why this cycle could work: They're were only 8 million motile sperm...that's not a very good number. The realization of that is countered by the fact that I did the ovidrel trigger my way, so I very well could have ovulated soon enough for 1 of those 8 million to find an egg or two. I hate this.

Now, do I test again tomorrow morning (before we go spend the day with family) or do I just wait until the phone call from my beta on Monday. Most likely, knowing me, I'll test again tomorrow and then I will probably cry.



I think I only added these pictures to torment myself the whole day (these were taken 1hr 20 minutes after original testing).

6 comments:

sadie607 said...

Well crap Jess, I'm sorry. I wish the answer was clearer. Although I can see the line too. Hang in there I know this isn't easy. Good luck with deciding when to test again.

(I'm "borrowing" someone's internet at the convent. I can only access it if I sit in a corner in one room, but I wanted to check in on you.)

SheWoreScarletBegonias said...

Jess-- I see a 2nd line in that 2nd picture-- it is really faint, but it is there. (and for what its worth- I just did the same thing this morning-- I POAS and I SWEAR I see a faint 2nd line, but its super faint). I too will be tormenting myself and testing again tomorrow morning. Why does it all have to be so hard!
((Big Hugs)) and lots of luck, I'm still holding out for both of us!!!

Ann said...

I'm sorry. *hugs* Hang in there and I'll check on you tomorrow. Praying for your miracle.

And thank you for your opening scripture. It was the one we used at my father's funeral over 5 years ago and it always has a calming, soothing effect on me. I really needed that today. Blessings.

Rachel said...

my second line at 7dp3dt was as faint as they come! But it was real!!!

Just Believing said...

I have those tests too! And if you got them the same place I got them...I would buy a digital or what not a Target to be sure! Those tests can be tricky even when I knew I had the trigger shot in me it was a ridiculously faint positive so I dont think they are very senstitivie! Either way I think I see what you see!

Praying for you!!!!

Carrie said...

that sucks so much. there's definitely a line there, but who knows if it's an evap line or not. I've found that those tests aren't the most accurate though - for positives or negatives.

:/

LinkWithin