Sunday, February 22

5 weeks 1 day

8 more days until our ultrasound! I'm starting to go crazy: This has to be worse than the 2ww. The end result of that was either you're pregnant or not; this is you're pregnant, but not a definite yet!

I'm feeling all right. I seem to have this slight nausea thing that comes and goes. It isn't all the time, but every once in a while I'll suddenly not feel too good. If I drink something or eat something I feel better. I haven't been able to wear my mouth guard the past few nights, just makes me feel yuck.

My hip and low back are still bothering me, but I think it's more related to my tumbles last Sunday. I don't have any cramps or anything, every so often I get a twinge, but nothing major. Of course, all of this (and the lack there of) makes me go back and forth between being certainly this is a viable pregnancy and not.

It's really hard to be keeping our mouths closed. My parents were gone all of last week, but every time I've seen them since they get home, or am on the phone with them, I want to blurt it out. There is a part of me, the scared teenager, that wonders how they're going to react...or thinks that I've done something wrong "Damn kids getting pregnant!".

My parents we're telling after the ultrasound, not sure when though. Matt's parents leave next Saturday (before the ultrasound) for a 3-week mission trip to Mexico, so they're just going to have to wait to find out.

I'm thinking we're going to go with Hospital B. I spoke with my friend who works there and she says that she and her boyfriend (who's a doctor there) have heard nothing but good about Dr. H (the one with the hysterectomy issues). There are 5 other doctors at that hospital. I'm going to call this week and see if we can get in for a tour, and hopefully meet some of the doctors.

My biggest things with Hospital B is the convenience with a branch 5 minutes from work, and their low c-section rates, as well as the whole nurse-midwife thing (the most important thing to me). While it's not my normal OB-GYN, my justification for that is my "normal" one I've only been to once, for an annual. Yea, it does mean driving an hour, rather than 40 minutes, for any classes we may take, but oh well...we'll deal with it.

No comments:

LinkWithin