Wednesday, November 26

Three years of wedded bliss...

Three years ago yesterday Matt and I were married. While I can't say it was the most perfect day of my life I can say that it had the most perfect end result: Marriage. On the day we had married Matt and I had been together 5 years and 8 months.

People tell us that our wedding was one of the best they've ever been too...not only because of the food, bar, and music, but because it was glaringly obvious how in love we were and how happy we were. I honestly can say that I've had more fun at other weddings...probably because I didn't have to leave at 2am the next day to catch a plan to Jamaica :-)

The day before our wedding was Thanksgiving and for our rehearsal dinner we had both of our families together, we also had a blizzard that day. I had driven to Hunter Mtn., where our reception would be, to deliver the centerpieces as well as a TV and some other things. It's normally an hour and a half drive.

The day was beautiful, sunny and 50* I got in the car to head home and within 10 minutes the sky was black and you couldn't see the road. It took me 2 1/2 hours to drive home, through a blizzard, to the rehearsal dinner. The bride was late to the rehearsal dinner, with everyone nervous and wondering if I was safe (no cell reception around here). By bedtime 16" of snow had fallen, and continued to fall.

I woke up on November 25, 2005 the whole world was blanketed under a perfect snow. Not just any snow...but the kind of snow that glints in the sun like diamonds, that's powdery and fluffy. The whole world had become a winter wonderland.


Matt and I had never wanted to marry in November or any other winter month. We had wanted to get married in the early summer and have an outdoor bbq, we wanted to dance under the stars.

It all worked out though, because my biggest thing with November was how dark and dreary it would be. God saw to it that it was the furthest thing from dark and dreary. I tread on diamonds on my way to the church.

Would I do it all over...absolutely! Would I do it differently...you betcha! I did a lot of DIY stuff and waited too long to do them, but we were married!

Here are some links to different albums
Our Professional Photographers Pictures
My Aunt and Uncle the "Semi" Professional Photographers

As I said to Matt the other night, "I would marry you all over again, but I don't want to relive the past three years."

We actually got to spend time together on our anniversary. Because of the holiday Matt's work week was moved up a day. Normally he would be spending a Tuesday evening loading a truck, but the truck came in on Monday.

We decided to go to dinner and a movie (let me just say, we NEVER go out). I did get some beautiful flowers, the same color as those that were in my bouquet. It was a nice evening together, but I definitely can't pull those late nighters anymore. We didn't get home until 11pm!

5 comments:

sadie607 said...

your wedding pictures are beautiful. I love winter weddings. Happy anniversary.

annacyclopedia said...

Happy anniversary to you both!

littlezen said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy anniversary!

Miss said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! =)

I looked at almost all of the pictures! FUN FUN...you are beautiful! (i would have looked at them all, but it kept freezing up on me!)

thanks for sharing!

Leslee said...

Oh, your wedding was beautiful! I am glad you had a nice anniversary. I hope the next three years are worth reliving over and over again :D

Leslee

LinkWithin