Monday, April 7

"Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world." ~Virgil A. Kraft

It's finally starting to look, and feel, like SPRING! Yesterday I went out and took some pictures of the crocuses that are coming up and worked on some of the front flower beds. There are so many leaves and dead branches everywhere! I could probably spend a good day working out front and not get it all done. All of my tulips though are persevering: I can't wait until they EXPLODE in color. I planted 2 new varieties last year: Sizzling Hot and French Lace.


I managed to finish my godmother's birthday gift last night, mailing it out today. I'll post a pic when I get home. I also got into a cleaning spree last night around 8:30. I just couldn't take it anymore: I scrubbed the toilet, swept/vaccuum/mopped the bathroom floor, and cleaned around the toilet and the sink.

Today is day5 since we stopped putting the dogs in the crate. On Saturday I took the crate cleaned it, folded it up, and put it in the basement. Hopefully they continue! There's so much more room now without the crate.
I have decided to paint our living room. I think I know which slipcover we’re getting from Ikea (we go the 26th).
Now I have to decide on what colors: Here are the two inspiration colors. I want to cheer-ify the room. It just seems so dark and drab sometimes. Any input? (poll at the top) My only concern with the yellow is that our upstairs hallway is a very light yellow, and that it would be too much yellow, but the stairs are completely seperate from the living room (door at the bottom and all). I'm really liking the blue though too. HELP!



The musical was awesome this weekend! I know I'm biased, but my sister did a fantastic job! She hit every note perfectly, made the audience laugh, and you could just see she was having fun. The kids all did such a wonderful job. Saturday night was especially funny because they were getting into the groove and felt they could get away with a bit more. They were ad libbing and just being funny. I still haven't figured out how to transfer video from the camcorder, but once I do I'll get some snippets up. Here's a smattering of pics:
Seeing the show definitely made me miss doing theater.

3 comments:

sadie607 said...

I love the flower pics, and the name of the tulips you planted crack me up.

Awesome theater pictures. What kind of camera do you use? I can never get clear shots of the stage due to lighting and shutter speed issues.

And prayers sent for both you and Matt, you're both dealing with so much right now.

p.s. I like the blue (I voted in your poll)

~Jess said...

I have a nikon d40 dSLR with a 200MM ZR lense.

How are you feeling?

sadie607 said...

I'm feeling really well actually. The medication still sucks and I'm a little sore today, (probably because I did a bunch of laundry yesterday) but overall not bad.

LinkWithin