Sunday, February 10

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Prov. 3:5-6

So many things are going on! Thursday we found out some very upsetting news about our home and our town: We live in a section of NY state that has 2 main reservoirs which provide fresh water to NYC...these 2 reservoirs more than supply NYC with enough water. We just found out the other night, at a town meeting, that the NYS-Dem. senators Hillary Clinton and Eliot Spitzer(and whomever else) are supporting a proposal by the NY Watershed to flood another area of the state to create another reservoir system: Where we live.

Meaning: over the course of an undisclosed period of time NYC plans on buying up all of the property (which they've already started doing) within a 30 or so mile radius of where we leave: Claiming emminent domain...ultimately to force people to sell their property and move...leaving the area vacated so they can flood the area to create another reservoir. Which means we would have to sell out and move...to where we don't know. The local population will not go without a fight, but any fight against the government is rarely won. Right now, needless to say, a lot of people are really upset. We're ultimately going to be told, GET OUT, but we have no place to go. Our families are here, our jobs, our home...we grew up here.

I just keep thinking of the seen in "Titanic" when they show all the china and the doll lying at the bottom of the ocean. that'll be our house, if they get their way. All our lives at the bottom of a lake...no one caring, no one remembering. The whole beautiful valley where we've lived...flooded. Needless to say, we're both really upset...and don't know where we stand. Prayfully they won't win and we won't have to move. If they win, then I don't know what we'll do.

I think I'm beyond my anger at God. I'm looking more toward the future and all that He has planned for us. I'm just praying that it includes kids :-) If it doesn't, then I can't even imagine it, but whatever it is I'm sure it's awesome! I'm sure a lot of my emotions last week would have been averted, or at the least redirected, if I had done my First Place bible study. We're currently in the book "Choosing Thankfulness": It's about being thankful in all circumstances, not FOR all circumstances: Definitely great advice!

We had a pretty good weekend. Matt and I started working on the book case that we're building for the dining room. It's going to be HUGE! I can't wait until we get it done: It'll be great! It's 4' wide by 8' tall. Lots of room for all of my books and then a space on the bottom (with doors) to store a lot of my fabric.
Here's a picture of the blue print: and what we got done today.

It's lovely weather we're having here too: Currently 5*, feels like -18* with the wind chill. It feels like winter! It's a novel thing, especially with how it's been feeling the last few weeks.

Well I think I've rambled enough...

No comments:

LinkWithin