Wednesday, May 20

W.I.P. Wednesday

For the past couple of months I’ve been working on a baby quilt for a friend, but I didn’t dare share it on here…unless she stopped by for a visit. I bought the fabric in February, but it wasn’t until the middle of April that I actually worked up the gumption to start! I went with Folklore by Heather Rosas for Camelot. OH, the reds, the turquoise, the coral! And a decidedly VERY Germanic pattern….perfection!

folklore-bundle-450_2

The next part is never my favorite part…deciding on a pattern. I don’t understand why this is always so hard for me, but it’s definitely my least favorite part. Of course, it doesn’t help when I decide on a pattern that I then have to alter and change it to make it do what I want it to do. For this project, I ended up going with ThimbleBlossoms {Camille Roskelley} Fireworks…it had nice big blocks, that were intricate enough without being over the top, but I had to refigure the cut list for what I was specifically doing.

Then I begun….deciding on what colors would be in what blocks and where…

IMG_9603Which pieces would be fussy cut to make the centers of each block…IMG_9601Cutting all of the pieces out….IMG_9747And finally starting to stitch them together….IMG_9749

I pushed…hard.

IMG_0128[1]

This quilt needed to be done before I left on vacation…

IMG_0129[1]

Or at least all of the machine work did…

IMG_0139[1]

And let me just say, sitting on the floor with a then 34 week bump to pin a quilt is not the funnest thing in the world…

IMG_0146[1]

But it was done…ready to stitch down binding and hand tie. I tried this new tutorial on how to cut bias binding..it worked, but I felt rather befuddled by the whole thing…no idea why.

IMG_0161[1]

IMG_0422Labeled {which I NEVER remember to take a picture of}, photographed and ready to ship…

IMG_0682

IMG_0692

IMG_0718

It arrived at it’s intended this past Monday. I still love the fabrics…I may just have to buy more so that I can make the girls some fun skirts from it, because it’s just that awesome!

I still have another baby quilt that HAS to get done in the next month, but I have no ideas about it and haven’t even started. At some point I suppose I do need to get the quilts made for my own children…not sure how that will go with 5 kids.

**Linking up with Lee at FreshlyPieced.com

No comments:

LinkWithin