Saturday, May 2

34 Weeks

It’s official: This is the longest I’ve been pregnant since Avelyn! The triplets were born at 33 weeks 6 days, and throughout the whole of this pregnancy I’ve held 34 weeks as the goal to achieve. I’ve written several times about my anxiety this pregnancy, my worries about whether or not I’ll be able to make it to full term.

This other triplet mom, has done up a spot-on list of the differences and similarities between a triplet pregnancy followed by a singleton. It’s completely different….obviously. For me, feeling how I do right now, at 34 weeks and running around with 4 kids, I’m exhausted. I’m stretched and sore and completely in awe that my body is doing this once again. The biggest thing that runs through my mind is how on  did I do this with THREE babies in my tummy?! It’s crazy, what our bodies are capable of doing.

We had another appointment with my midwife a week earlier, at 33 weeks. Everything looked and sounded good. I was measuring around 34/35 weeks and she guesstimated that the baby weighs around 5lbs, which would be pretty much in line with the boys’ weights at birth. I figure we’re looking at at least a 9lb baby {Avie was 8lbs 5 ounces}. I always said if they boys had been singletons at full term, they would’ve been big boys.

I’ve still no guesses on gender. My initial thoughts, when we thought it might be twins, was that the one that was obvious was a boy, the other a girl. For quite some time now I’ve thought it’s a boy, but then I started sorting through all the baby clothes and I go back and forth about it.

Check out my post for 36 Weeks for pictures.

No comments:

LinkWithin