Wednesday, August 27

Summer Stories {Part 2}

One of the highlights of my summer has been the constant stream of Outlander news, in anticipation of the new book release as well as the TV series on Starz! In June, a friend and I drove to Philly for the Diana Gabaldon book signing. Next up on our tour de force was the premier of Outlander, since going to any big premier showing was simply out of the question, we did our own.

IMG_2181[1]

My friend Jill invited everyone to her house for a premier party…complete with Outlander book displays!

IMG_2180[1]

IMG_2185[1]

We all piled into the living room to take our pictures and get ready for the showing {l to r: my sister, my mom, Jill, and our friends Beth and Rachel}.

Then it started! Complete with FanGirling…

IMG_2188[1]

It was awesome! The show was pretty good too…now a bunch of us descend on Jill’s house every Saturday to chill out and watch the latest episode together.

I even was so over the top as to make bridie pies and shortbread. A bridie pie is a delicious meat pie…the recipe for which I will share this fall, after I’ve worked out a few kinks.IMG_2191[1]

What have been some of the fun things you’ve done this summer?

No comments:

LinkWithin