Friday, July 4

Happy Independence Day!

I had to drive a-ways today, to pick up the floor sander for the weekend. As always, I listened to my favorite radio station and they had an Adventures in Odyssey episode on about the signing of the Declaration of Independence, which was fantastic.

The one thing that always gets me about so many holidays, especially the 4th of July, is how we’ve lost the magnitude and the importance of what these holidays represent, especially what the people were risking. They were committing treason against the crown of England, risking not only their lives, but the lives of their families. All of it for something they so strongly believed in, that made it all worth it. Not many people have those strong of convictions about ANYTHING anymore.

So of course after getting all teary eyed and thinking about the birth of our nation and what was lost and won in the battles, I stuffed these four in the car and headed to my parents for a BBQ.

IMG_0995[1]

Don’t they look thrilled.

IMG_0997[1]

That’s a little better I suppose‘

Matt Kids

That’s some Daddy! Carrying 3 barefoot kids at once through the fields {this picture is just such a blessing to me, because, honestly, 7 years ago we didn’t know if he’d be able to pickup a 5# bag of flour}.4wheeler

First time I was on a 4-wheeler in years, easily since before Ave was born.boys

The boys!sisters

The girls!

collage

Hope you all had a wonderful Fourth of July!

No comments:

LinkWithin