Friday, May 3

5 Minute Friday - Brave

Posted: 03 May 2013 08:56 AM PDT
I’m assuming, most of you have seen the movie “Brave”, about a girl named Merida and her dismay at being married off. Somedays I feel like Merida, as her father says about her, “I don't want to get married, I want to stay single and let my hair flow in the wind as I ride through the glen firing arrows into the sunset.”

Obviously I did want to get married and love being a wife and mother, but oh that riding through the glen firing arrows into the sunset, escaping another poopie diaper or cook another dinner, anything that I really would rather not deal with….I could stand for that somedays. Somedays just getting out of bed feels like incredible bravery, taking that step off a ledge into the unknown.
But isn’t that what being brave is about, taking that first step, and the next, all the steps that are laid before us.

Tomorrow my sister in law is getting married, having been married for 7 1/2 years and 4 kids, infertility, and everything else, it makes me think. Obviously I wouldn’t change my life, but how brave would we truly be if we knew all the things before and chose that path anyways, in anything, not just marriage.

Getting married is brave. Statistics tell us your more likely to fail, and fail miserably, creating broken hearts and broken homes, but there are those of us who decide to take that step, to not sit by, afraid. Sticking through the tough days or years, doing it on your own if it has failed, continuing forward, facing all that your path has….that is bravery.

Life requires us to be brave, God requires us to trust Him.

5-minute-friday-1
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back to Lisa-Jo and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
 

No comments:

LinkWithin