Tuesday, January 29

“A person who never made a mistake, never tried something new.” ~ Albert Einstein

I tried something new; actually a couple of something news. Can you see them?DSC_0177

Rounded edges and bias binding.

The rounded edges were pretty easy…they would look more impressive on a wider border. All I did was trace a small bowl, cut down the edges, after the whole thing was stitched together.

The bias binding didn’t go as easily. I found a couple of video tutorials online, all of which showed some sort of weird origami folding with your fabric that I completely did not understand. It probably didn’t help that I was trying to use up a bunch of scraps to finish the binding.

I ended up doing some sort of weird cutting on an angle thing, then I was confused with how to put together all of the pieces into one long strip…so I just kind of cob-jobbed. It turned out looking good in the end. I do want to learn the right way to do a bias binding, because I did like working with it, particularly with the curved corners.

DSC_0175

And I tried a new way of presenting a baby quilt. Rather than just folding it up and sticking it in a bag I rolled it up, turned down the corner with the label {baby’s name, birth date, and stats}. Then tied it with a strip of matching fabric. Tada!

DSC_0185

What is something new that you would like to learn how to do?

No comments:

LinkWithin