Friday, November 16

Love Came Down…

The first few Christmases after we were married were not overly happy ones. Every year we expected to be sharing our Savior’s birth with a little one of our own, and it didn’t happen, and it didn’t happen, and it didn’t happen. Every year I would listen to Amy Grant’s Love Has Come, sobbing the lyrics through tears. You see, we never knew whether we would have the Christmas morning that she sings about.

I struggled with celebrating the birth of a baby, particularly one that was born to an unwed, teenage mother. I rejoiced in the birth of Jesus and all that it meant, but that baby, it sometimes just held too much pain for me.

The other night we had friends of our’s to dinner, friends who just welcomed their first born, a son, into this world. Friends who have been there for us and wept with us during those years, who have sat at our table and prayed with us, worshiped with us. Love Came Down

I ladled out homemade stew from my new DaySpring soup tureen, while looking around our table at all the faces gathered there, in love, in HIS love: I looked at the faces of not only our friends and their son, but of my husband and our FOUR children.

What a blessing! That this house, which we thought may never be filled with children of our own, is not only full, but brimming with them, with dear friends, with God, with LOVE.

Love came down and filled our hearts {and stomachs} and home with Jesus.


I’d love for you to visit the blogs of my friends, who are also sharing their DaySpring stories, as well as others who are linking up with DaySpring’s November (in)deals.

*I received the above soup tureen from DaySpring.com for free in return for sharing my story and how I was blessed by DaySpring’s products. By the way, the soup tureen is absolutely beautiful, as are the soup bowls…it was plenty big enough for the 5 of us to serve ourselves from during our supper together. It’s definitely one of my new favorite pieces.
d&d-header

No comments:

LinkWithin