Wednesday, November 14

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…. {W.I.P Wednesday}

Since we’ve already discussed my sanity before, we won’t even bother going in to that.

This year, after looking at the prices of Christmas pajamas and those adorable Christmas outfits, I realized {once again} that they are ridiculously overpriced, even if they are seriously cute! If I were to buy matching PJs and coordinated outfits for the kids it was going to cost around, $320, give or take. Yea, not something we have room in our budget for.

DSC_0145I, in a moment of absolute brilliance, decided that I would SEW all of those clothes instead. I got some adorable flannel to make bottoms for ALL of us, which cost me around $30 for NINE YARDS (Joann had it on sale for $2.79/yard). I purchased some beautiful reds and greens to make jumpers for the girls and rompers for the boys.

Then my MasterMind Blogging group, decided to do a little something {more on this VERY soon – I can’t wait to share it with you!}, that I now have another project to complete.
Well, all this to say that I now have 11 things to stitch to completion in the next 3 weeks. Are you laughing yet? I am.

What is it they say, “There’s a fine line between genius and insanity” {I think I cross it quite frequently}.

Yesterday, my mother-in-law, very graciously, agreed to take the kids for the day so that I could work on some of the mountain. I actually had a very productive day, only to realize at the end of it, that everything came out way too big. Oh yea. The dress I made for Ellie, fits Ave, but it’s too short to be a dress on Ave: Yup.

I’ve decided to look at it this way: I made outfits that will work for the next few years. No one will remember what they wore this year. So, I’m ahead of the game. {Yea, I’m not buying it either – Forehead meet palm}.

Christmas Outfits
They are what they are.

I still need to stitch the inseam and hem on the boys; I intentionally cut the legs long, knowing that I might have to adjust for their cloth diapers, but I think I’m just going to hem them up, so that they can still wear these in a few years…I also need to do the buttons. I just need to finish the buttons on the girls, but I think, after seeing how big it was on Ave, I’m going to have to do some gathering at the waist.

I did however give up on my idea of making 3 Christmas stockings this year. It just was not working and I decided that I could live with them having stockings that I had not made. It also really helped that Lands’ End had an awesome sale {30% off + free shipping + save $10 when you bought 3 or more stockings+6% Cash Back via Ebates.com}: It worked out to $18 a stocking. I can’t even make them that cheap.
Now it’s on to quilting projects and Christmas pajamas. Hopefully I don’t manage to mess either of those things up.

So…now…if you would be willing to pray for me and the projects I need to complete I would absolutely appreciate it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Are you working on any projects for Christmas? I’d love to hear about them.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

No comments:

LinkWithin