Monday, June 18

W.I.R. {Weekend in Review}

First off I would really like to take this moment to push my agenda to move to a 5 day weekend and 2 day work week. I think we would all be much happier :-P Moving on…..DSC_0165
Our weekend was crazy-busy! Saturday morning Ave went with Matt’s mom to a street fair hosted by one of the churches in town. She came home quite exhausted, smelling deliciously of sweat and sun: Of to bed she went for a good 3 hour nap (yay!). Matt worked  on the fence all day. He was down to the gates and he managed to get the main one done (yay!); it looks great and now I don’t have to worry about kids escaping!
My mom came down so that we could take advantage of my dad’s Father’s Day gift (an ice cream maker). She and I made a batch of Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream, using coconut milk, honey, strawberries, and heavy cream…delish! We had that for dessert yesterday, which everyone loved.
Saturday evening was the {First Ever} Homeschool Prom! I think it was my sister and her friends that initiated the whole thing. They did a great job! The kids organized and planned the entire thing themselves. What kid doesn’t like the chance to get dressed up fancy, with their friends, and dance for a few hours? I don’t know too many…even most guys like the chance to get dressed up.
I’m trying something new with the album thing…bear with me :-)
Matt and I didn’t get to bed until after midnight on Saturday, because I decided to go up and see the last little while of their prom and Matt stayed up until I got home (which he never does!).

Sunday morning the kids slept in a little bit (‘til around 7 or so, with a 5am feed). We got up and let Daddy sleep until almost 9am, when we brought him breakfast in bed! Nothing fancy: Scrambled eggs, coffee, bacon, fresh biscuits, and a cinnamon bun (which I made a batch of these a few weeks ago and put in the freezer). I think he was pleased. Then out he went to finish the other gate on the fence.
 DSC_0278 DSC_0283
Then in the afternoon all our families came over for a BBQ, which was really nice, since every one brought something: My dad did ribs on the grill, Matt’s mom made corn pudding, his sister and our future brother in law brought bread, and my aunt made salad. All I had to do was make the potatoes and provide the dishes.
In the evening it was just us, which was nice. Matt was able to just enjoy some quiet time with the kids.
DSC_0303
(Notice Matt’s new shirt: It says “Daddy’s Brewing Buddies” with pictures of the kids from the header at the top of my blog. I did that through CafePress.com’s Custom Design)

2 comments:

Maria said...

that is such a cute tee! I'm sure Matt loved it! And what an adorable picture...definitely a framer :)
It looks and sounds like a perfect weekend...the prom pics are great! I was looking at them on fb. Ave is adorable with the rainbow painted on her face and the homemade ice cream sounds heavenly.
Glad it was a sweet wkend and Father's Day!
Sending love!
Xox
Maria

Diane said...

Love the pics of your hubby and the kiddos all together.. such a sweet family♥

LinkWithin