Thursday, June 7

One Year Ago Today

We had our first ultrasound, at 5.5 weeks, to find out just how many babies scan0035security alteredwere cooking.

I think back on that day and laugh. I was in denial more than anything. I knew going in to the appointment that there was no way it was one, and was hoping it would ONLY be two. HAHAHAHA!

Then the next day, reality hit me and I had my major freak-out-crying-session. Knowing the very real possibility of a very hard and dangerous pregnancy, of not knowing how we were going to handle, let alone, afford 4 kids 2 and under, of worrying about how it was going to affect Ave…and a million other things that were hitting me at once.

Going back and reading all of my posts from the first few weeks of finding out we were having triplets is a bit funny: Of course, in hind-sight, most things are funny.

God knew what he was doing…He always does, even if we are wondering ourselves.

All of my fears and worries were unfounded. I spent two days in the hospital, even if the babies were in the NICU for a few weeks. I didn’t have to worry about weeks or months away from home. I didn’t have to worry about babies being born way too early.

Life has continued on, and while it is sometimes crazy (or more truthfully, INSANE) I wouldn’t change it for anything.

As for the struggles. In a few years we’ll barely remember these, because they’ll be replaced with new ones.

As for Ave. She’ll never remember what life was like without her brothers and sister. Every memory the four of them will share.

“Cast all your anxieties on Him, for he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7

DSC_0262

No comments:

LinkWithin