Wednesday, February 22

W.I.P Wednesday

This week I decided to join up with Freshly Pieced and take part in Work in Progress Wednesday. I've got a couple of things on the drawing boards, but I actually managed to finish something that I started!

I've been working on the boys' baby quilts and then decided that I might as well do a twin size quilt, so that they can actually use it once they have their own {nautical themed} room. Here's the idea: The middle section is sailboats and nine patch, then there will be a top and bottom border. The top will be their name appliqued on, the bottom will be their name, appliqued, spelled out in flag-signs (Matt's helping me with that).



This finish got me the crazy lady award! I found out on 2/11 that BIL and PP were coming to visit the following weekend with our new nephew, so I had to get this quilt done. I managed to start and finish a 46" square quilt in 1 week with 4 kids....needless to say I didn't sleep much last week, but it was done. I love how it came out too!

The fabric was Baby Safari, the pattern was from my latest APQ magazine cover: I just adjusted the pattern from 9" finished blocks to 13"...took a lot of math to figure that out. In my latest form of baby quilts I backed it in flannel and hand tied the quilt. I really feel this just makes a nicer quilt; it's warm, it's soft, it's super cuddly.



2 comments:

Sam said...

I want to learn to quilt so bad! Beautiful!

Cajun Cutie said...

So cute! and you are truly a rockstar! Love the little boats and the finished quilt.

LinkWithin