Sunday, February 5

I love my deodorant!

Last summer I attempted to make our own deodorant using this recipe (an awesome blog by the way!) I really like this deodorant. Most commercial deodorants have way too many perfumes to them.

I had bought a small su.ave deodorant to take to the hospital with me in December. I used it once and kept wondering what the smell was that was bothering my nose...I finally realized it was the deodorant, in the trash that went.

Since I didn't take any pictures of making the deodorant last time I have a few to share with you here....
{ The ingredients are all things we carry in our store }

It makes enough to fill a standard sized deodorant container and another small baby food container; and it only took me 2 minutes to make. I keep them in the fridge so they're hard and go on the way "normal" deodorant does. I can't wait to take a shower and use my deodorant again {I've been out for about a month now...whoops!}

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm trying to green my "beauty" routine one thing at a time. I'm working on "no poo" right now. When/if I get past this I may try the deodorant. I really like the "Crunchy Betty" blog for natural beauty stuff.

Anonymous said...

I admire you Jess. So many bloggers disappear after having kids and post once in a blue moon. You now have FOUR kids - and I am so happy to stay in the loop, see the babies' pics and hear how it's all going!!!

Anonymous said...

This does look easy, and I have coconut oil. I may have to try this. Though I like the anti-persperant in my current deoderant. Not sure if the natural deoderant would have the same action.

Queenie. . . said...

You are managing to feed, diaper, and hang out with 3 newborns and a toddler, and you still managed to find time to make your own deodorant? You really are my hero!

Cynthia said...

Can we see your recipe?! You've successfully convinced me to try, which I can assure you is an accomplishment. :)

Jessica White said...

@Cynthia: The recipe is from passionateHomemaking.com

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2008/03/update-homemade-deoderant.html

Very easy! 5-6tbs coconut oil, and a 1/4 cup each baking soda and arrowroot or cornstarch

LinkWithin