Sunday, January 8

The Monkeys' Room



Here it is, in all it's former glory...we had a kind of Mediterranean thing going on in the room, but I think it got lost somewhere in translations.

I knew we would redo the room for the babies, but I really had no inspiration as to what to do. Then I found this picture! How awesome would bright yellow elephant curtains be with the turquoise walls? Except the curtains were $70 a panel and I needed 8 of them ($560 on curtains...don't think so). I kept looking and finally found the fabric, on sale, for $5 a yard. I bought around 28 yards...much more my price.

Of course the yellow didn't look right with the walls, which was a much more green (and much greener with yellow curtains) shade of turquoise. So, I decided to repaint the room (Jamaican Sea), but then the red floor didn't look right with the yellow and blue, so I painted that Bison Brown.

Matt wired-in a remote for the ceiling fan, so that we didn't have to stumble into the middle of the room to turn a light on. Over Thanksgiving we got the dresser (from Ikea) and cribs assembled. My in-laws refinished the $10 bed I bought last year to match the crib and dresser. Then as a shower present my in-laws chipped in and bought us a rocker/recliner for the room.

All that to say...here it is!





I still have to do the wall decor, but for right now it's done (and my budget-wallet is empty).

10 comments:

Nink said...

Wow! That looks really, really awesome! I like the idea of having a bed in there. Clever! Good thing that chair looks nice and comfy because you will be sitting there many long hours. Love the wall stickers! So cute!

Life Happens said...

What a cute nursery! I love the curtains and the decals are too aodrable.

Queenie. . . said...

It looks fantastic!!! Love it.

sadie607 said...

I love it!! What a nice big space for those precious babies!! And that chair looks so comfortable.

Amanda said...

That is so cute! I love it. You did a great job! Hope the chair is as comfy as it looks.

Carrie said...

I never would have looked at yellow curtains and thought "blue walls! yes!" but they really go well together and it looks great!!

Now just to fill up those cribs!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

It looks wonderful. You'll be spending many nights looking at it so it needed to be good. The production line of feeding, washing, nappy changing begins.....

Trina said...

Beautiful! I love the arrangement of the cribs - so they can be as close as possible to eachother. And the spare bed - is that for Ave, or for when you fall asleep during midnight feedings? :)

Amanda said...

It's beautiful! I would never have thought to arranged the cribs like that...perfect!

Kristen said...

I love the nursery! It's SO fun and happy! I know they love it!

LinkWithin