Thursday, January 19

Four Weeks!

Today the babies are 4 weeks old! I can't believe it's been 4 weeks since I got to take a ride in an ambulance {which was most definitely NOT free!} and they came into this world! So far we're surviving, but it's only been 2 days. What I've noticed is that I'm busy, but not crazy busy {yet}. Once I get one thing taken care of it's time to start on the next thing, but I don't feel overwhelmed yet {I'll leave that for when they're awake more often and into things}.

Sleeps been going ok. We've had some good nights and some not so good nights.

The babies are growing well: Henry is now weighing in at 6lbs 4oz (born at 4lbs 13oz) , James is 6lbs 2oz (born at 5lbs 3oz) and Ellie is 5lbs 8oz (born at 4lbs 9oz). The pedi wants to see at least an ounce a day weight gain, so far they're all doing that.

One funny thing has happened. James and Ellie are slow eaters, however James seems to want to jump ahead with other milestones: He's rolled onto his back during tummy time and he's consistently trying to lift his head up. I told him he needs to focus his energies on eating not moving.

All in all the babies are doing well and growing way too fast.

And just as I did with Ave: Presenting the babies and the Incredible Shrinking Bunny!


{ Henry, Elanor and James }

I can already tell that photographing 3 babies together is NOT going to be easy :-p

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like James is going to be a handful already! He's all - "Mama, how can you expect me to just lay here when there are so many things to get into!?"

That chair doesn't look like it's going to be big enough for 3 babies and the bunny for too long, either!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

They are precious!!!

Life Happens said...

Wow, that little James is on the fast track!

I love the picture of the babies, especially how Henry has his hands up sayin, 'no pictures, please'. Too cute.

Glad things are going well. Enjoy your weekend.

Anonymous said...

"photographing 3 babies together is NOT going to be easy"
LOL!!!

stephanie said...

love it!

sadie607 said...

that's the cutest picture ever and yeah you're never really going to be able to get a good picture of the 3 of them. I can't even do it with just twins. I adore how Henry is sitting. He looks like he's say, "no pictures please" They are so so precious.

Young Grasshoper said...

Congrats on having all 3 home! I know that's the best feeling in the world. They are truly adorable!

Kateri said...

Oh, my gosh, they are adorable and do look healthy. You can definitely see that there are three different personalities going one there..

LinkWithin