Friday, January 6

Books 2012

I accomplished nowhere near what I had hoped to in 2011, as far as reading books (or anything else really for that matter). I think I read 17 books....really, really lame. I'd love to say I'll do better in 2012, but I don't think that will happen. I'll just be glad if I can read a few books; it's already been over a month since I finished my last book, and I have yet to pick something else up.

Interestingly enough one of the reasons, I think, why I haven't read as many books is because of my iPad. Most evenings I would've gone to bed the same time as Matt and read for a while, now I sit there and putz around the internet with my iPad. I guess one of my goals for 2012 would be to pick up books and put down the iPad....that is one dangerous little piece of technology there.

I did read one book on my iPad (with the kin.dle app): I really didn't like it. I'm really just more of a paper book person...it just feels a lot more personal than a computer does. Needless to say I'm glad I didn't go out and buy a ki.ndle because I think it would've been a waste of money for me.

Anyways, I guess my goals for this year will be the same as in years past, with the overall goal being to actually read. OK here's what I've actually read, thus far in 2012:

"Water for Elephants" by Sarah Gruen
"While We're Far Apart" by Lynn Austin
"The Good Wife's Guide: Embracing Your Roll as a Help Meet" by Darlene Schacht
"You're Already Amazing" by Holley Gerth
"Real {Fast} Food" by Trina Holden
"Hope for the Weary Mom" by Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin
"Inheritance" by Christopher Paolini
"Loving the Little Years" by Rachel Jankovic
"Cleaning House: A Mom's 12-Month Plan to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement" by Kay Wills Wyma
"Cup of Friendship" by Deborah Rodriguez
"Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood" by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
"The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins
"Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins
"Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins
"Pain Redeemed" by Natasha Metzler
"Hula Hoop Girl" by September McCarthy
"Winter of the World" by Ken Follett
"First Bites" by Hilary Bernstein
"The Giving Quilt" by Jennifer Chiaverini
"The Christmas Pony" by Melody Carlson
"An Irish Christmas" by Melody Carlson
"The Beginning" by Karen Kingsbury
"God Rest Ye Merry" by Doug Wilson
"The Mission of Motherhood" by Sally Clarkson



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you reco any books you recently read?

I read the "water" a couple of years ago and really liked it

I am reading The Help now - really enjoying it.

My favourite book last year was probably The Shell Seekers.

Looking for a new book to read, would love a reco!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reco on Outlander - I read them all and cannot wait for the next one come out!!!

We seem to share similar literary tastes ;)

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Goodness, you have time to read?!?

LinkWithin