Monday, November 28

WIR! (Weekend in Review)

~*~Thanksgiving - Thursday, November 24th~*~

We did our usual two household turkey feast. Every year we warn everyone that we're not doing this next year, but we still, somehow, end up doing Thanksgiving dinner twice at both our parents' homes. Fortunately, we kind of do dinner at my parents, then "light" dinner and dessert at Matt's: Kind of spread it around a bit. Although there were 6 pies just at my In-Law's, for 12 people!

There were quite a few things I was VERY thankful for this Thanksgiving: 1) that I was home eating Thanksgiving with family, rather than in the hospital, 2) that my sister was with us, and in such a better place than she was last year (I can't tell you how huge a blessing it is to have her back, even she's thankful she didn't go through with the past year's drama, and is home with family).
Click HERE for more pictures from Thanksgiving.

~*~Friday, November 25th~*~
Very exciting day! It was our 6 year anniversary. I spent the day lounging on the twin bed in the babies' room, while Matt assembled the dresser and 3 cribs. In the afternoon we went up to my parents for dinner and were promptly thrown out at 4pm, because my sister had people coming over to help her with things for my "surprise" shower on Saturday.

We went home, did some things, then my mom called us around 6:00 and invited us back up for dessert and to get Ave. Very suspicious.

~*~Saturday, November 26th~*~
Surprise shower day! Another suspicious thing: Both of our families had people visiting, and usually everyone is calling me to see when we're coming up with Ave....no one called me all day. I actually got really upset about that, because everyone knew I knew and I really felt left out. I can't remember, but I may have had a good cry about it.

Yes, it was supposed to be a surprise: I was adamant about not wanting a shower and my mom kept asking for lists of things we needed etc and she and Matt's mom slipped a couple of times (they were trying to pull all this off while MIL has been in Syracuse with Matt's grandmother in the hospital).


Needless to say it was a very nice shower, which resulted in a boat load of preemie and newborn boys clothes (more than we need). I also got my reclining/rocker which I've wanted for the room. Fortunately, since my biggest thing with not wanting a shower was people going crazy, no one was insane with their gift giving, but all were very generous.

Click HERE for more pictures from the shower

~*~Sunday, November 27th~*~
Yay! The first day of Advent! In the morning we got up and had breakfast, did a few things around the house, then headed to our favorite tree farm to cut our tree! We got a Douglas Fir this year....as of right now it's up, but there are no lights on it (11/29).

Click HERE for more pictures from getting our tree.

In the afternoon Matt worked some more on things in the babies' room. {On a side note} Our friend R, came over, to help, with sad news: His wife, who was 10.5 weeks pregnant was miscarrying the baby (she went yesterday and they confirmed it had stopped growing at 7.5 weeks). We're beyond heartbroken for them. She was very upset, but had known for a few days that something wasn't right, and wasn't surprised at the news. So I just ask that you keep them in prayer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's been beyond crazy busy around here...and I'm really hoping for some good down time this week, because I am getting really tired.

2 comments:

Life Happens said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled, fabulous weekend! It was nice that your family had a shower for you.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's miscarriage. My prayers go out ot them. I remember, oh to well, those feelings.

I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with family for Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

you look awesome!

LinkWithin