Friday, November 11

28 weeks

28 Weeks

I feel like 28 weeks is major! From what I can gather the chance of the triplets having life threatening issues drops dramatically (to 10% or something). I honestly can't believe that we're so close to the end now....it's insane! I have another ob/us on Tuesday, which Matt is going with me to. I'm half ready for them to tell me I'm going on bed rest, but the other part of me thinks that everything is going to be holding strong (God willing!).

I'm still absolutely amazed that I'm 28 weeks and am still the way I am. I mean this past week I painted and edged the babies' room! Not to mention that I'm still doing everything per normal with Avelyn and most of the housekeeping. Yes, I'm definitely slower and am certainly taking lots of breaks to lie down and relax, but still. I never expected this. I very much expected to be on bed rest, at least at home.

If I can get a good report on Tuesday and avoid failing my GTT I will be in such awe. God has been beyond awesome and completely blown me away with this pregnancy.


Size of Baby: They are measuring now (from head to toe) about 14.8", and baby center says 2.25lbs, but I'm guessing they're a bit beyond that.

Maternity Clothes: A little bit, but Matt's "wife-beaters" are coming in handy (wearing them underneath everything so my tummy is covered.

Weight Gain: I'm up to 199, so 6lbs from pre-pregnancy. The dreaded 200 is inevitable, but I'm ok with it, because I know that this is all baby....although I'm not quite sure that some of this past weeks gain wasn't from the Halloween candy I ate. I'm expecting to gain about 15-20lbs between now and the babies' arrival.

Stretch Marks: A bit of an understatement

Sleep: Last week I stole the 3" memory foam topper from the nursery (it's for the cheap twin mattress we bought)...oh my goodness....heaven! My hips have stopped feeling bruised and it's so comfy. We ordered a 4" for our bed and it just came today :-)

Best Moment of the Week: Getting the babies' room painted....just have to do the floor this weekend, then next weekend we can move the furniture in and start setting up. Oh, and the beginning of the third trimester!

Movement: Yep.

Symptoms: I'm definitely slower and I've started waddling :-\ I've having more sciatic/low back pain...which I've kind of expected. Also, my ribs are starting to hurt if I sit too much.

Food Cravings: I think I'm still super crazy about sweets...not good. Second GTT this coming week....I hope I pass, but I'm dreading that I won't.

Gender: 2 boys and a girl

What I Miss: Being able to move the way I used to

What I'm Looking Forward to: Each week more the babies stay put!

Weekly Wisdom: I definitely need to lay down more and more now...just the amount of weight/pressure in my stomach.

Milestones: 8 weeks until they're guaranteed to be here (HOLY CRAP!)

Emotions: A bit more balanced....which isn't saying much for me.

Measurements: Pre-pregnancy: waist 38", hips 46"
This week: 47" waist , 46"hips Matt was teasing me about almost being as big around as I am tall.




Bare Belly Pictures....You've been WARNED!








11 comments:

Amanda said...

You are doing so awesome! I'm amazed! I think your good attitude is probably helping.

Queenie. . . said...

Oh my goodness! I am so glad to see that you are doing well. That is just awesome. I hope your appointments go well, and bed rest is avoided.

Anonymous said...

haha - I LOVE my hubby's wifebeaters ;))))

Life Happens said...

Amazing you still have energy to do all that. And weight gain of only 6 lbs?! That's really good!

I hope things continue to progress smoothly!

Trina said...

Oh, this is just so beautiful!! YOU are beautiful! Thank you for letting us join you on your journey. Soooo excited for these babies. I can't wait to meet them!

Rachel said...

28 weeks that is WONDERFUL!!! Congrats. Those little babies will be here soon. BTW you look great! I am amazed you are still doing everything you did before, I only have 1 growing in me and I feel so worn out :-)

sadie607 said...

You are doing so great. Sending continued prayers for the remaining weeks of your pregnancy. You look so great!! And good for you for showing the bare belly pictures I was to frightened to do that during my pregnancy you look just beautiful.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Whooo! 28 weeks, keeping everything crossed. Well done you!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! You're doing great!

Anonymous said...

You are doing awesome! I can't believe it's 28 weeks already!

Kristen said...

You're doing awesome!!!! That's a lot of baby growing in there!

LinkWithin