Tuesday, August 30

DIY Fall Wreath


I have a pinterest issue....or more precisely I have a Fall decor issue. I love Fall! Love the colors! Love the smells! Love the cooler weather! I've been really wanting a nice wreath for our front door, something to take us through 'til Thanksgiving.

I decided I was going to make my own. Yesterday my mom, A, and my sister went to Bing-ton; while there I went to Michae.l's for some silk flowers and a wreath form. I was going to use Styrofoam, but then the grapevine ones were cheaper. I spent about $23 on supplies, and I had a hot glue gun and sticks at home.

I started out working on it on the table, but it was hard to get a feel for the layout of the flowers. I ended up hanging it on the door of our buffet, so that I could see what I was doing. I trimmed up all the flowers so the stems weren't too long and pushed the leaves up closer to the heads, so I didn't lose them. I picked a couple of big ones to start with and just hot glued the bottoms of them, then kind of weaved the stems in to the wreath. Just kept playing with it until I liked it.



It took me about an hour to do, but I kept getting frustrated with the layout so I would walk away, then come back and see what needed to be different.

I'm pretty pleased with it and it was really easy to make. Fortunately our front door is sheltered from the weather and sun, otherwise I don't think it would hold up too good to fading and such.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job crafty mccrafter!

LinkWithin