Thursday, July 21

My First 29th Birthday!

Today is my first 29th birthday (next year I'll be 30!): I've been jokingly calling it my first, because most people refuse to turn 30 or 40 or 50 etc. Birthdays have never really bothered me, honestly I love having a birthday...it's a great excuse for presents and cake! 30 just seems old, the number, probably because I remember my mom when she was 30. Not that I think of anyone who is 30 (or older) as being old.

Nothing too exciting is going on today...quite frankly it's too hot (98* outside, and 87* in our house). Ave is running around naked while we watch Finding Nemo. I want to go to the pool, but the idea of even driving the 3 minutes across town and sitting in the sun (even in water) is just not appealing.

Last night my FIL brought over a joint birthday gift (for Matt and me): We got a riding mower! WOOHOO! I guess FIL's secretary's mom passed away and the had an estate sale and the mower didn't go...so we got it. We are very excited! This evening I'm cooking an easy dinner and my parents and sister are coming over (Matt has a dumb fair meeting and won't be home until late)...and then this weekend my uncle is coming with his family and we're having a bbq on Sunday :-)

5 comments:

VA Blondie said...

Happy, happy Birthday!

I agree that it is just to damn hot. It has been frustrating for me because all my Little Guy wants to do is go outside!

I am planning a pool trip tomorrow. I finally broke down and bought a small kiddie pool for Little Guy to splash around in. He loves it, and it is a lot easier than going to the local pool.

My (In)fertile Confessions said...

Happy BDAY to you!!!!! I celebrated my second "29th" bday this year! LOL! I thought turning 30 was going to be this big huge deal and be horrible, but it actually felt good! For the first time everything has fallen into place, happy marraige, babies on the way, etc. 30 felt good on me! :)

Hopefully next year, you'll feel the same way!! You may be too busy to even think about it though! he he

Photogrl said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Welcome to the "30"'s! It's not that bad, honest! :)

Hope you had a GREAT day!

stephanie said...

happy birthday! enjoy your last year in your twenties. And we are freezing out here in Washington!

Diana said...

Happy happiest Bday!!!!! Wishing u the best in this upcoming Bday year! :)

LinkWithin