Monday, July 11

Grandparents

We've been able to spend a bit of time the past few days with both Matt's grandparents and my grandfather, which has been nice. Yesterday we celebrated Matt's grandmother's birthday (she and my sister have the same birthday, today; and her sister and me, share the same birthday). I got to talk a lot with Grammy about everything and nothing. The two of us manage to get in quite a bit of trouble together when we get started.

Matt was able to have some one on one time with his grandfather, which I think his grandfather really appreciates. He's becoming slower and slower mentally and most people don't have the time/desire to be "bothered" with talking to him. They were talking and his grandfather told him, that when we trade in the Honda (which we bought from them and have been making payments on monthly) we won't owe them anything more for it. SWEET!

What a blessing that will be! We're hoping to get a van for a few thousand more than the Honda is worth (which should be a decent amount of money) and pay cash for it, so as not to incur any debt. YAY!

Today we did my sister's birthday dinner and my grandfather was there. He's deaf and we have to write notes to him, so that we can talk with him. Somehow we started talking about my pregnancy and he was asking questions about how many days will I have to stay in the hospital? how often do I have to go to Alb.any for appointments? etc etc.

I explained to him how I am considered high risk and everything is very tentative. That I could be put in the hospital on bed rest at any time in the next few months, and have to stay there, to having a planned c-section and being home in 4 days. I explained to him all the risks involved and how many doctors will be involved with the delivery, and the potential for babies having to stay in the hospital. He didn't realize before just how big a deal this is.

He was mad originally that we didn't want to be telling everyone and their brother it was triplets, because of the risk, but I think now he's realizing this is not going to be a walk in the park. He had originally assumed it would be like any other pregnancy and the babies would be born around their due date. I told him how if everything goes well, I'll probably have a scheduled c-section the beginning to middle of January. I explained that Matt will be in the room, and that I will (hopefully) be awake for the whole thing.

He was really rather impressed by the whole concept and how HUGE of a deal this is. My mom said I should really freak him out and send him pictures of someone's belly shots from a triple pregnancy (I had just told her Matt and I had googled that).

I am really glad that Matt and I still have our grandparents, but believe me I still really miss my mom's parents....I had a MUCH closer relationship with them, than I ever had or will have with my dad's dad. It was good to talk with all of them though, and discuss baby things.

1 comment:

Queenie. . . said...

That was really kind of your MIL. Don't write it off yet--might be easier on Ave to be able to see you more if you end up in the hospital for a bit. But hopefully that will never happen, and you'llbe home the whole time!

LinkWithin