Friday, July 1

9 weeks and other pregnancy randomness

I feel surprisingly all right, which of course sends up red-flags constantly. I do at times feel nauseous and am definitely more tired than usual, but all in all I can't complain (I'm sure that will come later on). I have a few more days of taking my baby aspirin and 2.5 weeks left of my progesterone suppositories (which I will be so GLAD to be rid of).

I'm trying to do everything I'm supposed to. My friend, Sadie, sent me her copy of Dr. Luke's Twins, Triplets, and Quads, which has a lot of really great info, but let me just say the whole eating thing is overwhelming. I'm supposed to be consuming something like 3500 calories a day, including: 10 servings of dairy, 20 oz of red meats and a whole bunch of other stuff that, quite frankly, seems impossible!

I'm doing my best...which I guess is all I can do. So far I haven't lost nearly as much weight as I did with Ave, probably because I don't feel as nauseous and I'm growing 3 babies. I've lost about 5-6 lbs and I seem to be holding steady at that. Supposedly I'm to gain 30-40lbs (even though I'm 50lbs overweight to begin with) by 20 weeks. I'm going to be asking the doctor about that on Thursday. I know I need to eat right and get those calories in now, because soon there isn't going to be much room in my stomach.

I still can't wrap my head around triplets. Sometimes it just bowls me over, and honestly freaks me out, to think...."OH MY GOODNESS!!!! There are THREE IN THERE!" Honestly for the majority of the time I barely even think about it: I know there's 3, but it's like "Oh, ok".

My biggest thing is just keeping these babies in as long as possible. I will admit I am deathly afraid of losing one of them. I just "know" that it's 2 boys and a girl and the idea of losing a sister for Ave or a brother for one of the boys breaks my heart; even if I'm wrong about genders, it still would break my heart to lose one of these precious babies.

I've been looking at strollers and cribs and such. I never thought strollers would overwhelm me....fortunately we only have 2 to choose from. The sheer size of them and the cost are rather intimidating. We're not even sure we're going to get a stroller before next year. I honestly don't use one that often, and the only time I could think I would need a quad-stroller is at the fair, or if we go some place as a family...which, honestly, during the summer doesn't happen too often. It's one of those things I think we're going to hold off on.

As for cribs, I'm not really worrying about it too much. We're probably going to be going to Ikea toward the end of the summer and getting stuff there. Other places just want way too much money for cribs and such.

1 comment:

sadie607 said...

The weight and food consumption guidelines in that book made me freak out a little bit too (even just with twins). I think for most people gaining that much and eating those quantities is unrealistic. I did see a nutritionist though and she pretty much just told me to eat to make sure everyone was getting enough nutrients.

LinkWithin