Thursday, June 2

Peace.....

Since we've had Avelyn there has always been a part of me that was stressed, uneasy, worried, that she would be an only child. I truly believe, that in some ways, going through IF treatment the second time around is harder, because it wasn't just about us anymore, it was about her.

I didn't realize how big of a weight this was on my shoulders, until G, our nurse, called last week to tell me I was officially pregnant. Hearing those words, realizing that Ave is going to be a big sister was just awesome!

Of course, it's now a week until my ultrasound, and being that I feel relatively ok, outside of heartburn and not really wanting to eat and being a bit tired [which could all be because of the extreme heat this week], I'm getting nervous again. What if we go in there, despite awesome betas, and there is no baby(ies)? I'm trying not to think about it, because I honestly don't think that will be the case, but of course I feel like I should be physically feeling a lot worse.

I'm not even sure what I should expect to see next week. When I was pregnant with Ave we didn't have an ultrasound until 6 weeks and her heart was already beating away...I'll only be 5 weeks and a few days. I guess we'll just have to wait patiently.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
On a side note that really had me laughing HARD:

The hugest crush I ever had in middle/high school keeps popping up on facebook as a suggested friend, but there has never been a profile picture. There was one today. OH MY GOODNESS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I know it's mean, but I have not stopped laughing. He's bald, paunch-bellied, dark rings around his eyes, he looks like a cross between Lurch and Uncle Fester from the Adams' family.

This guy was drop dead gorgeous in school: Tall, blond hair, blue eyes, football and basketball star. Just a dream.....wow! To think I would have done anything to get with him in whatever way possible. Thank you God for never letting that happen. I definitely have a much, MUCH better catch in Matt (he's at least still Hot, amongst other things ;-).

2 comments:

sadie607 said...

I find it interesting that they're doing an ultrasound so early. I had one at 5w1 day with E & E because of bleeding it was too early for a heartbeat and at that point we only saw one baby. Good luck

and I'm glad you didn't end up with lurch :~)

~Hollie said...

I went to my high school reunion, and my hubs, who is 9 years older than any of the dudes there, was the most handsome guy there. AND he was the only one with all of his hair! HA!

I had an u/s at 5w 5days because of bleeding. We just saw a little blip in between 2 XX's. The baby was smaller than the xx's. :o) Praying all goes well for you.

LinkWithin