Monday, June 13

Food Show

Been wondering where we've been? We've been busy...I have a couple of posts to do.

This past Sunday and Monday, Matt and I, and his parents, headed to Lancaster PA for a food show for our biggest vendor to the store. Oh my goodness....there was so much to see (and EAT)!

There were quite a few people waiting in line to get in, but fortunately it was nice out and we didn't mind waiting in the sunshine. However, I managed to somehow have a bee fly down my tee shirt and get in my bra.....that was a lot of fun!

We visited the New Hope Mills stand and they had this awesome pancake conveyor belt: The machine dripped batter onto the heated silpat, rolled it along, flipped it onto the lower conveyor and out onto the plate! Perfectly done pancakes!


In the morning Matt's parents went to a seminar and afterward we headed to lunch. They had a pretty nice spread of soups and sandwiches, all of which were product that DV carries, so you were able to taste new things.

In the afternoon Matt and I hit a seminar and his parents went and took a tour of the actual DV facilities. They said that was pretty cool to see the new additions they had just done and how the operate the entire place.



Oh my goodness, there was SO MUCH CANDY at this food show! If you have a sweet tooth you would have been in your glory! There had to have been easily several hundred different kinds of confections! There was so much good food through out the show....a lot of new things that we might be bringing in to the store.

It was great talking with vendors about their products and Matt really enjoyed meeting people he talks to on a regular basis face to face. It won't be our turn to go back until 2015 (it's only every 2 years and we rotate with my parents)...but I'm sure it will be a lot of great things to see again!

No comments:

LinkWithin