Sunday, May 8

That day.....

Today is that day, that is so hard for so many, and for so many reasons too.

After church we did pictures out front with all of Matt's family in attendance, and we got some great pictures of the girls in their matching dresses. We got home from church and I proceeded to pull everything together for brunch for both of our families. Today also happened to be my mom's birthday, so I wanted to have her over to lunch.
I baked quiches yesterday and we had fruit salad, green salad, my MIL made french toast casserole, we also had key lime bars for dessert. I tried something new: I took slices of smoked ham and put them into oiled cupcake tins, then cracked an egg in them and baked them for 12 minutes....they were so good and so much easier than taking orders! I also made a strawberry-rhubarb pie which ended up not being cool enough to serve before everyone left, but now I have it all to myself!

It was nice. Matt took a nap on the couch (he enjoyed his Mother's Day) while I cleaned up from brunch. Then we had dinner and put Ave in bed. After that we worked in our bedroom for a bit painting...and soon I am going to sleep, because tomorrow I drive to Albany....again :-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to enjoy your Mother's Day despite the drama...

LinkWithin