Sunday, November 14

Operation Christmas Child

For the past 4 years our church has been a part of Operation Christmas Child, through Samaritan's Purse. My mom dropped off her 2 boxes before they went away, then after A's nap this morning the three of us trucked over to the DG and filled our boxes for a boy and a girl (10-14 years old). As A gets older and other kids join our family they'll each get a shoe box and get to choose what they want to give.

Our church had 43 boxes to send this year...not our record, but still a good number. I think this is such an awesome mission! This year we did something a little different: They suggest including a note and picture of your family, so we did! Prayfully the kids who get these packages feel the love that Christ has for all of us.

I've included a video from the Samartin's Purse website that just brings tears to my eyes.

4 comments:

Project Baby said...

I love this. It is so thoughtful!
Great Job on your boxes.

manymanymoons said...

What a great idea. Sounds like you're getting the little on involved early...so important. Thanks for sharing.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I love that project! So great that Ave got involved too. ;-)

Crossing My Fingers said...

What a great idea!!! I love the part that each child gets to fill a shoebox.

LinkWithin