Friday, October 29

FALL FOOD FRIDAYS!

Welcome to FALL FOOD FRIDAYS! I got an email from Debbie at the Friday Friends for this soup-tacular soup recipe!

Souper Soup

1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. boneless chicken pieces, cut up
3 sliced carrots
1/2 cup celery
1/2 small chopped onion
2 cans (14 1/2 oz ) low sodium chicken broth
2 cups water
1 envelope Good Season Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1 cup uncooked bite-sized pasta
8 oz Velveeta Pasteurized Cheese

Cook and stir the chicken in hot oil in large saucepan until cooked through, drain.
Add vegetables; cook 3-5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken, broth, water and dressing mix. Bring to a boil.
Add pasta; cover. Simmer 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Add Velveeta, cook until melted.
Serve


Now I have another soup recipe, which is my own....everyone is always impressed with it and even more impressed when they find out how simple it is to make!

Butternut Squash Soup from FoodNetwork.com

Ingredients

Directions

Cut squash into 1-inch chunks. In large pot melt butter. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add squash and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in a blender and puree. Return blended squash to pot. Stir and season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Serve.


I actually roast my squash in the oven and then scoop it out, following the rest of the above directions. I think roasting it gives it a must richer and deeper flavor.

Thanks for join me today. Again, if people continue to email me recipes I'll continue FALL FOOD FRIDAYS!




1 comment:

JJ said...

Im enjoying seeing all these yummy recipes--will you post some of these on the Braces Bunch recipe blog?

I posted an apple bread recipe on that blog that I can re-send you and take a picture of Oman eating it, if you still need ideas :)

LinkWithin