Saturday, October 30

Avelyn's First Birthday Party!

Well A's birthday party went off without a hitch...even if we were still cleaning when people started to arrive (it wasn't for lack of trying). A was absolutely wonderful, she took great naps and woke up just as she was supposed to (Thank you Lord). The food was all delicious and we managed to fit everyone in our house...yay!

We had the son of one of my mom's friends be our photographer for the day (he's really great) and I can't tell you how wonderful it was to not have to worry about pictures all day (I had enough on my plate without that). I haven't gotten the pictures from him yet, and it may be a while, but these are a couple of pictures from my camera.

Our menu was smoked ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, and homemade apple sauce: Dessert was maple bread pudding, apple crisp, pumpkin roll, and birthday cake (homemade vanilla cake with raspberry preserves and butter cream frosting). It was so good. Unfortunately I didn't get much to eat, but you can bet the leftovers will be tomorrow's lunch.


I did a couple of different craft projects for the day. In the first picture you can see the banner I made with MIL's cricut...it says Happy 1st Birthday, then below it are the pictures I took each month of A with a stuffed bunny. My SIL and I also mod-podged tissue paper on baby food jars for candle holders, and we had red balloons, on which we taped leaves to the top to make them apples. I was rather proud of myself that all of my DIY projects actually came together.

I was so grateful that people didn't go crazy with gifts...unfortunately I told people 18 months for clothes. She's fitting comfortable in them now, but give her a month and she'll be out. So I have to take some things back to get them in 24 months/2T sizes (how is she already in 2T?!) She got quite a few books, which is awesome, and only a few toys. Mommy still needs to wrap her presents for Monday though.

All in all, it was a great day. Filled with people we love and care about, and who love and care about us. I couldn't have asked for a nicer 1st birthday party for my amazing daughter.

Cake video

5 comments:

raisingmiles said...

Looks like a great party and YAY for DIY decorations!

VA Blondie said...

Sounds like a great party! The decorations are really cute.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Happy birthday sweet girl! Love the hair too!!!

Amanda said...

I love her dress. She looks so cute with her cake. It looks like it was a lovely party!

Photogrl said...

Looks like it was a great day!

Love the banner...I think I need to remember that for the twins next year!

A is too cute!

LinkWithin