Sunday, September 26

In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own.

A while ago I mentioned Matt's parents offer on their house to us. We've since decided that we're not interested and that there is nothing in it for us: We don't like their house, there's no way we could ever resell the property and make a profit on it (if we were ever to sell), and....we just don't like it. We'd probably sink more money into changing it than would be prudent.

This is my dream.
And this is the view.

Not bad, no? Of course Matt still hasn't stopped to talk to the owner's of the farm to see if they'd consider selling part of it. It is probably about 10-15 acres...just right for my farmhouse, a barn, a pond, and pastures for my horses.

I even found the house to put on it. I've been looking for a while at blue prints for the house I want, but so many of the "farmhouse" blue prints are not traditional and all have some modern twist to them that isn't true to farmhouses.

There's a company in Vermont that has been design and building New Old homes for the past 50 years. What they do is manufacture a "kit" and send the pieces to you (via truck) for you to assemble yourself. Their information and process is extremely impressive. So here it is: The house I want.
I'd even be happy with this house.
What I particularly like about this company is that they'll custom design any blue print to accommodate your needs/wants. I could have just the house I want. We all must dream.

5 comments:

Marion said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the house and it would look so good at that location! I hope you can somehow make your dream come true!

Angel said...

Wow what a beautiful View!! I would adore to live there, and that house is beyond beautiful!! I know how you feel about living in a parents home though. Happy ICLW, Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Crossed Fingers said...

I LOVE that view too - so agree with you. And both of those houses are beautiful & perfect. Love that dream!

Jendeis said...

Blogger is being stupid and wouldn't post my first comment, so I'm trying to remember what I wrote. Love both the views and the homes - looks gorgeous!

Suzy said...

Oh wow that view is amazing! I have looked at kit homes a LOT over the years, ive always wanted to buy some land and build one too :) I hope your dream comes true!

LinkWithin