Saturday, August 14

Score!

My mom called me today and told me about a yard sale on one of the back roads near their house...that there were a lot of dressers there. I'm looking for a low chest of draws to use in my new sewing room...something that I can easily put my cutting board on and use for storage as well.

By the time I got there the dressers were all gone (we're talking an hour after she saw it), but I did find something else...Ave's BIG GIRL BED!
I've been thinking about her room when she's older and how we'll need to get her a bed. My parents have my old bed, but I wanted something different from that (my old bed, was my mother's old bed...nothing wrong with it, but my mom wants to keep some stuff at her house for the kids).

Guess how much I paid? Just guess...................$10! I got her bed (which looks to be an antique) for $10. It needs work. I've got to clean it up, fix some of the wood (cracks and nicks), get slats for it and paint it, but for $10 I can handle that!

Now it's just sitting in the attic waiting for that day...maybe next summer I'll work on it :-)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awesome! What a steal.

LinkWithin