Monday, June 28

Time keeps slipping away....

Right now I have 156 unread blog posts in my reader: I've been trying to keep up with ICLW, but I've managed to neglect my regulars. There are quite a few new blogs I found through ICLW, but I'm scared to add them to my reader, because if I did I'd have somewhere near a 1000 posts to read, and that just scares me.

There's so much that I want to say and of course now that I'm sitting down I've forgotten it.

We've been having hellacious nights with A since the contractors arrived. I'm not sure if it's that she's not getting enough sleep during the day and is over tired (the scrapping and banging sometimes wake her up). We had 4 nights in a row in which I slept a combined total of 3 hours: Up at 11pm, up at 1:15am, up at 3am, up at 4:15am, up at 6am (for the day), each time it takes me 30 minutes to get her to go back down.

Saturday night was the last straw. I was just sitting their holding her and crying, begging her to go to sleep...she didn't. I told Matt last night that I couldn't do another night and that we had to, at the very least, split the night. Even if he had to get up and stay up with her a couple of hours, I needed to sleep.

Matt was going to take the wakes up between 11 and 3:30, and I would get 3:30 until the morning. Well, I woke up at 3:30 and she never made a peep (I would have heard her). Of course I didn't fall right back to sleep because I figured she'd be up any minute. I drifted until she woke up at 5:30, took 6 ounces, then went back down until 6:30 when Matt changed her diaper and she went back down until 7:45am. Absolute heaven. I'm hoping for a repeat tonight, but I know that probably won't happen.

BIL, PP, and Niece C came down for a long weekend on Thursday night. On Friday (6/25) we took the girls down to the river to play and I think they enjoyed themselves (BIL hasn't sent me pictures yet).

Saturday I got up early and started setting up for my yard sale. MIL and G-MIL came down to help me with the setup and A...they also donated all their stuff to sell to me :-) It was a much more successful yard sale than the one I had 2 years ago. I managed to clear enough to cover our gas for our trip to NH in July, and to Hershey in Sept, plus a $100 toward my camera (only another $590 needed! Might as well be a million).


Yesterday, Matt and I had to go to Bing. to pick up 47 cases of soda/water for the car show this weekend. Can I just tell you that loading that many cases onto a cart, then into a truck, then off a truck and into a building is a lot of work. We left A with my parents (who don't get to spend much time with her) and managed to sneak in a breakfast date at Cracker Barrel...yum!

I feel like I'm jipping you all with the lack of pictures (it sucks on this end too). Last night we had corn on the cob for dinner. We had A in her highchair on the deck while we ate, giving her pieces of avocado and diced cherries. I decided to hand her a chunk of my ear of corn...OH.MY.GOODNESS! She LOVED IT!

8 comments:

raisingmiles said...

I hear ya on the time thing...geez louise.

Love the corn pics!

Hope the banging is over soon so Miss A can get back to her regular routine.

Jendeis said...

Please stop feeling guilty about not keeping up with blogs. That happens every so often, life gets in the way.

I never wanted to do it before, but declaring Reader bankruptcy was one of the best self-love things I ever did. You'll get caught up with what's going on everyone's lives in time. Don't worry. :)

Amanda said...

Yeah, reader bankruptcy is totally necessary every so often.

Those pics of A with the corn are adorable.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

I just love those pics of A and the corn!

Sometimes you just need to declare bankruptcy and start from scratch.

Hope you get some sleep soon.

Photogrl said...

I just LOVE the pictures of A and the corn on the cob...she definitely enjoyed it! :)

Declaring bankruptcy is sometimes the only way to catch back up...we understand!

Miss said...

oh my gosh I LOVE her hair!!

Tad is still pretty much bald =) haha

Crossing My Fingers said...

Uh oh...what happened in the last pic? Hope she sleeps through the night for you soon.

~Jess said...

We had taken the ear away in the last picture: It was past her bed time, but she was happy with her corn. Total meltdown for about 5 minutes after we took it away lol

LinkWithin