Tuesday, April 27

We're getting a new car!

or at least new to us (this isn't the exact car, but it's the right color and model). We still have my Malibu, but Matt's little dodge neon (the one he got at auction for $1750 2 years ago) is not really reliable. We've been holding off on a new car because honestly we don't have anything saved for a down payment and I really want to get a Toyota Sienna and we couldn't afford the payment anyways.

Well Matt's grandparents have a 2005 Honda CRV (my second choice vehicle for 2 kids) with 37,000 miles on it. They're 81 and don't need two cars, especially considering neither of them should really be driving anyways. I was just thinking about it last week that Matt should call his grandparents and tell them if they ever want to get rid of it we might be interested. Well before I could mention it to Matt, he called me and told me that his father said that they were looking to get rid of it and he had told them to ask us. I think that's a sign!

So hopefully in the next few weeks we'll be getting the car. We've agreed with them on a price (10k) and they're ok with us paying as much as we can when we can (which no loan would be). We'll pay $100-200 a month and then after the car show and fair (hopefully we'll have some money) we'll pay them a bigger lump sum toward the balance. Now we just have to figure out what to ask for Matt's car.

6 comments:

VA Blondie said...

That is great! Sounds like a perfect situation for you!

Rach said...

Yay! How exciting!!

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

That's great!

Queenie. . . said...

I really wanted one of those (my DH thought it was too girly for him to drive). I think you're going to love it!

Cheryl said...

Very, very exciting!!! I just love your blog.

sadie607 said...

Yay for new cars! That's great you're able to get it from family and that you can make payments based on what you can do each month.

LinkWithin